Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's 13k more than I paid for my 2014 with 21k miles. I know the market is wild right now, but that seems crazy high for a 2015. The Red Sport is going to be a ton more fun.
I recently found a 47k mileage 2015 Q50 Sport with deluxe touring/tech package & 59k window sticker for 22k, so yeah it's kinda high. I wasn't able to buy it quick enough though :(

·
Registered
2021 Q50 RedSport, MBRP Cat-Back. HKS BOV, AMS LDP, Mishimoto Catch Can
539 Posts
The Black Redsport has the Sport Grille, looks fantastic. The 2019 and 2020 models are solid options, but as another user pointed out, just cause the 2015 has low miles does not mean it wont have issues since it's already 7 years old (2015 was out in 2014 remember). The 3.7 is a fantastic and reliable engine but the power difference between the Redsport and the 2015 model will be substantial. You can always get the 2015 model with an extended warranty and it will still be much cheaper so it's really coming down to your pockets, all options are great. You can PM me the VIN number for the 2015 model and I can pull all service records for the vehicle and warranty work. Sometimes the technicians will put notes in as well so in case there was an issue, I'd be able to see it whereas the Carfax will only list what's been done to the car.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Dealerships are a rip off, they will do/say anything to get ur money. 31k for a 2015 is preposterous, im sure u could find another one for -+15k. I paid 27k for my 2018 luxe, with 27,000 miles. I would go to another dealership and look for a 2018-19 for a better price around no more than 30k.

·
Registered
2015 Q50S Hybrid AWD
11 Posts
Hi
My dealer has a used 2015 Q50S 3.7 with only 5500k miles 31k and also a 2019 and 2020 Q50 red sport both around 13500 miles. 43k and 45k.
I’m planning to test drive both in a couple days. What would you recommended to look for? It will be my daily driver and will do some mods like wheel and tires, exhaust, chrome delete and intake. Planning on keeping this car for a long time. As for the 3.0t can you hear the turbo and exhaust? I heard the 3.7 sounds good. Thanks

View attachment 103376 View attachment 103377 View attachment 103378 View attachment 103379 View attachment 103380 View attachment 103381 View attachment 103382
Hands down I’d go for the 3.7. The reason is relative simplicity under the hood. When Infiniti went to all turbos on all models after the 3.7 ended, their reliability and quality decreased. This is borne out by re-reading Consumer Reports back issues from the early and mid-2000’s. Infinitis with the 3.5, and later the 3.7 engines, usually had “above average” and “well above average” reliability ratings, ratings the newer cars haven’t achieved. The G’s, FX’s and M’s all rode on that same chassis and were Infiniti’s golden years. I’ve owned a 2008 G37S Coupe 6MT (45k miles) for the last three years that still looks, feels and drives like new. We just bought a 2015 Q50S Hybrid that has the 3.5 liter V6 (plus the electric motor) three months ago and it has been great (despite the bad reliability scores due to electronics issues, not the engine). The Hybrid has been flawless but three months of ownership doesn’t say much. It’s covered by a Carmax warranty and the car’s service history was impeccable. All that said, long term, there’s no comparing a smaller displacement turbo vs a larger displacement naturally aspirated engine when it comes to reliability. The 3.7 you’re looking at was at the end of it’s model run and all the bugs had been worked out. As for the price, the first digit should be a “2”, not “3”. I’d walk away if you couldn’t negotiate a “2”. Given the chance, I’d take the 3.7 in a heartbeat and invest the remaining cash delta (assuming you were buying in cash) and invest it in NVDA or MSFT stock. You’ll be glad you did.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,228 Posts
Actually, I was looking at my Consumer Reports Buyers Guide tonight and looking at the 'used cars to avoid'. They list the 2015 Q50.

But, then again, they list the 2017 Q50, so what does that tell you about me? : o S

·
Registered
642 Posts
I wouldn't put much merit on consumer reports, especially when it comes to cars/trucks.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
13,833 Posts
I wouldn't put much merit on consumer reports, especially when it comes to cars/trucks.
They do have their own Auto Test Center with test track on 327 acres in Connecticut with 30 full-time staff and test about 50 vehicles per year. How many car magazines have this? CR buys the cars they test as opposed to other car magazines who are lent cars by the manufacturers to test. That way they don't get ringers. Now, having said that, I'm not a fan of how they report test ratings. I don't have a subscription either. Just sayin...

Plant Ecoregion Sky Natural landscape Infrastructure

·
Premium Member
Allen, Texas
616 Posts
In my experience - CR has been aces on reporting about 50% of the time - in the major leagues that would be an all-star but when it comes to cars/trucks…

·
Registered
477 Posts
Get the 3.0 if you got the money get the 2020 lol i think they have android auto

·
Registered
2016 Hybrid 3.5 SportTech RWD
1,038 Posts
21 - 30 of 30 Posts