Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
ACP11

I have a 2014 Q50S with about 30,000 miles on it. I have this same creaking noise. To me the creak is coming from the upper driver wheel well area/trunk area. I notice it when I go over a speed bump, make a left or right turn on city streets. It seems to me it happens when the car is shifting weight do to turning or the shocks going up and down due to a speed bump, etc. I also notice it when I am going in and out of the driveway when the car is at a odd angle. I took out the the carpeted floor in the trunk and removed the trunk head liner and removed the liner from the driver side of the trunk, I checked for any loose bolts or anything loose and could not find anything. I even went and sat in the back seat area with the seats folded down and had someone else drive so I could hear it closer in action. I sounds like the creaking noise is coming from inside the wheel well that you are not able to access from in the side car, I am going to check the wheel well from the outside. I never saw an access a panel from inside the trunk area when I had the liners removed. It would be interesting to see the notes that they made on your service paper work, you should have a copy. Do you think your noise was coming from the driver or passenger side? I am also going to check the swab bar and bushings.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
One other note I also notice it when going in and out of the driveway when the car is at a odd angle.
This is the bracket they had to tighten which was causing the creaking noises...its in the trunk area behind the liner.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,811 Posts
Good find.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is the bracket they had to tighten which was causing the creaking noises...its in the trunk area behind the liner.

Thanks for posting the pic. It definitely helped find a potential problem little bit easier. I found the brackets on both sides none of them seem loose. But I tightened them nonetheless as far as possible. With regret, it did not solve my creaking problem from the back. So any other findings would be much appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Old thread here but stubmled across this due to me having what I believed to be the same issue. Low and behold it was! Thanks OP for the guidance and easy fix! For those who might be trying to track down the same thing, the brackets in the picture are actually behind the rear sets, under the felt. Think backside of wheel well.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have an annoying rattle that sounds very similar based on the description.
Going to check those brackets now.

·
Registered
168 Posts
All trunk/wheelwell bracket bolts found to be tight. The search goes on.

I'll have the car up on stands putting on the ARK exhaust this weekend so I'l be checking everything under the car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
2015 Q50S 47K miles

Have a similar right rear "creak" coming from inside wheel well. I spent plenty of time looking on my own, none of the previously mentioned fixes were in play. No real noise when at highway speeds unless i hit considerable bumps. Drove from SC to MO over the last week and noise became more noticeable at low speed over bumps, couldn't take it anymore so I brought it to local Infiniti Dealer for them to have a look. First of all, the dealership was great which was a welcome surprise from the SC dealership I came from. Here is the actual write-up from diagnosis:

" Tech isolated noise to passenger rear strut mounting area. With chassis ear, tech confirmed strut is NOT causing the noise. This noise is coming from the body metal right below the strut mount. Recommend to body shop for repair"

All I can say is WTF. I would have been sooo much happier with a noisy strut. Questions for the forum:

Anyone ever had similar issues with this or any other vehicle?
Any suggestions on "self service" I could do to try and eliminate what must be some weakness in that body metal?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
The G35/G37 were well known to have some cheaper bushings and rubber mounts around the suspension/chassis but it
looked to have been addressed with the Q50 update in 2014.

I doubt it's any issues with the body structure itself but without more details it's hard to say, the writeup from the technician is pretty vague.
It could be a loose body panel (hence the body shop recommendation) or some damage caused by hitting a large pot-hole.

Either way you may need to start pulling off body panels or drop the strut in that location to find the cause, both are a PITA
and may require an alignment be done afterwards.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got the same issue with my 2015 q50 i feel like its comming from the disc/brak area but after changing the rotors, brakes, and parking brake hardware i still hear the noise. No idea what it could be.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts