Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4,222 Posts
The water pump pulley is connected to the engine.

The one on your photo is the intercooler pump. It's a separate coolant circuit for the charged air, not engine. Is this a 300-hp or 400-hp (Red Sport) trim? The RS has 2 pumps.

Check out this thread as it may have a few photos that may help you figure things out. That was a Q50 RS, thus dual pumps:

Or download the AMS performance instructions for replacing heat exchanger, they posted some photos on there as well:

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The water pump pulley is connected to the engine.

The one on your photo is the intercooler pump. It's a separate coolant circuit for the charged air, not engine. Is this a 300-hp or 400-hp (Red Sport) trim? The RS has 2 pumps.

Check out this thread as it may have a few photos that may help you figure things out. That was a Q50 RS, thus dual pumps:

Or download the AMS performance instructions for replacing heat exchanger, they posted some photos on there as well:

thanks yes it’s the red sport.. engine runs strong just took a hit so I’m putting it back together from scratch just couldn’t find out how to Mount the intercooler pump

· Registered
4,222 Posts
thanks yes it’s the red sport.. engine runs strong just took a hit so I’m putting it back together from scratch just couldn’t find out how to Mount the intercooler pump
Okay - the AMS install doc has enough pictures to help out I believe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts