Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an issue when trying to use the voice recognition to make a call. When I press the voice call button it pips twice then nothing happens. I've been throught the set up several times and reported it to the dealer whose only solution was to change the ECU at a cost of 2 grand! Anyone had similar issues and resolved?

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,844 Posts
I think the DCU (top display) is what you are referring to. Without any DTCs to go on, it could be that your DCU is faulty. Used DCUs can be purchased on eBay for a lot less. Before replacing the DCU, the current vehicle configuration needs to be saved on a CONSULT tool and afterwards the configuration needs to be written into the replacement DCU.

·
Registered
2016 Hybrid 3.5 SportTech RWD
761 Posts
The voice recognition is one of these features in the Q50 I nearly never use because it's boring, slow and additionally mostly misunderstands what I'm saying. Works a little better with my wife, but she don't want to sit on the passenger seat all the time only to talk to my car! LOL

So I wouldn't spend much money and work into this...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi DeeCee thanks for replying. I didn't use it much either and I definitely ain't paying 2g to fix it. It can stay busted!
I think the DCU (top display) is what you are referring to. Without any DTCs to go on, it could be that your DCU is faulty. Used DCUs can be purchased on eBay for a lot less. Before replacing the DCU, the current vehicle configuration needs to be saved on a CONSULT tool and afterwards the configuration needs to be written into the replacement DCU.
Hi Avedis 53 thanks for the reply .it was definitely the ECU they wanted to change and the 2g was my contribution! ( Needless to say I told the the stick it. The rest of the system works ok) other than that I love the car 2.0d premium.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,844 Posts
I'm still confused. The dealership wants to change the ECM (Engine Control Module) not the DCU? The ECM has nothing to do with the problem. When you say ECU, what are you referring to?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What was said to me was the electronics control unit I took this to be the a module that control all of the on board electronics. I know nothing about these things but it doesn't matter because I won't pay what the wanted to fix it and they've beat it out of the UK now anyway. So as I say it can stay busted.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,844 Posts
What was said to me was the electronics control unit I took this to be the a module that control all of the on board electronics. I know nothing about these things but it doesn't matter because I won't pay what the wanted to fix it and they've beat it out of the UK now anyway. So as I say it can stay busted.
Hmm. There is no module that controls all of the on-board electronics so I'll assume it's the DCU they are referring to. DCUs can be bought on eBay for less than $200 and installing them is straightforward. Configuring the DCU requires a CONSULT tool to save the configurations and rewrite them after replacing the DCU. If this isn't done, then the system can be configured manually but it still takes a CONSULT tool to do so. You could swap the DCU yourself and just have them configure it afterwards. Just a thought.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts