Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,325 Posts
Sounds like your stock shocks may be blown from the lowering springs.

You really should be sharing this kind of info in your initial post before posting a strong opinion.

I actually suspect that your dampers are blown or failed and probably need to be replaced. Lowering springs can impact the life of stock dampers, but I also wonder what happened to the vehicle that could've damaged the suspension before the rebuilt title. Maybe the "rebuilt" didn't address the suspension.
I had a 17 premium AWD with RSR down springs same as OP and it rode in normal circumstances practically stock. I do not experience any of the things OP mentioned.
I suspect you are correct, the "rebuilt" could be contributing or possibly whoever installed the springs spun the strut blowing it or causing it to leak or something along those lines.
A coilover could be a bandaid fix covering the real issue or fix the issue but only because the issue was the strut not spring. Its slightly lower and slightly stiffer it shouldn't have a dramatic impact to ride quality. Plenty of positive reviews and people commenting the same, enough of them to make me suspect the ones who do have negative reviews actually have other issues or it was install error.

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,325 Posts
There's no aftermarket shock option for us. AFAIK, your only options from here are to return to stock, or coilovers. I can't speak to ride quality on coils because I'm still stock.

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,325 Posts

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,325 Posts
Pretty sure... FR=RWD, and in trim column it says exc. AWD. I don't need shocks yet but sucks that it'll be $1000 from Infiniti. At that point, you might as well get coils, however, there's the question of how long they'll last?
Interesting, it says 4wd = awd. In drivetrain is says FR for RWD, but in trim level it says 4wd for awd. Guess someone would need to contact tein for confirmation.

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,325 Posts
Agreed. Me too! Have you purchased the BCs yet? I'm trying to make sure I find the best deal.
I had RSR springs on my q50 awd for a few thousand miles and the ride quality was terrible. My biggest complaint is they were overly harsh on any surface that wasn't perfectly smooth. I replaced them with BC coilovers and the ride improved substantially.
Curious,

Did you install the springs your self?
and
Did you get upper control arms, rear camber/toe arms and an alignment after install?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts