·
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
7,322 Posts
Say it isn't so Scary!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
No problem at all. When it comes down to it, I am just more of a truck kinda guy. I found myself, not bored, but ultimately not "in love" with my car. I was only driving once every two weeks to work and back. I will miss the fun of instant power mashed with AWD, but I really grew tired of trying to find fuel just to mix 93 for track days. My other concerns were the insane amount of depreciation (hence the reason for driving it sparingly), my asshoIe kids steping all over the seats and center console, and rubbing going over speedbumps (also my fault for the RS-R Downs).

Plus, towing the Tacoma would just look silly. ?

New tow rig:

And my beloved Tacoma:

·
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
7,322 Posts
My best friend just bought a new Tacoma in white with a hinged bed cover and had step rails that deploy when a door is opened and retract when the door is closed. A really nice pickup IMHO.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
No problem at all. When it comes down to it, I am just more of a truck kinda guy. I found myself, not bored, but ultimately not "in love" with my car. I was only driving once every two weeks to work and back. I will miss the fun of instant power mashed with AWD, but I really grew tired of trying to find fuel just to mix 93 for track days. My other concerns were the insane amount of depreciation (hence the reason for driving it sparingly), my asshoIe kids steping all over the seats and center console, and rubbing going over speedbumps (also my fault for the RS-R Downs).

Plus, towing the Tacoma would just look silly. ?

New tow rig:
View attachment 89687

And my beloved Tacoma:

View attachment 89688 View attachment 89689
Sorry to hear that you are leaving, it's been fun, enjoy the truck, and the family. Dom.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Thanks for the wheel information and all your contributions. I’ve always loved my Toyota trucks.

You just wanted to go out on 666 posts.?

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Judging by the kids, you're too young for an Infiniti. Enjoy the automotive nirvana that is Toyota.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
40, so, I fall somewhere in the middle. I'm not sporting New Balance with knee high socks, jean shorts and a non-matching polo just yet.

No, but close.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sorry to revive a thread from the dead, but do you think with your wheel setup Konig Oversteer at a +25 offset (40 + 15 spacer) would you have been able to do a 265/35/19 on all 4 corners? I already bought the tires (closeout for $120 each - Cooper RS3-S), and was considering the Oversteers in a 19x9.5 +25. But have not seen anyone running the +25 offest and a 265 in the front.

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
Sorry to revive a thread from the dead, but do you think with your wheel setup Konig Oversteer at a +25 offset (40 + 15 spacer) would you have been able to do a 265/35/19 on all 4 corners? I already bought the tires (closeout for $120 each - Cooper RS3-S), and was considering the Oversteers in a 19x9.5 +25. But have not seen anyone running the +25 offest and a 265 in the front.
No.

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
But a +35 mmmmmmmmay work.

·
Registered
30 Posts
They dont make that wheel in a +35 offset. So that wheel is out. I would have to get the 40 and do a 5mm spacer, but Scary already confirmed in the Oversteer the wheel would hit the caliper in front.

The +35 should definitely fit on a 9.5" wide wheel, with a 265/35/19, IF it is a high caliper clearance type of spoke. Looking at the Weds SA, and RN series wheels.

101 - 115 of 115 Posts