Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently got into a front end collision that is forcing me to pay out of pocket. Long story but I wanted to go ahead and post the parts list of what I am using to convert my car to a 2018 Q50S front end. For reference, I have a 17' Q50 Red Sport with sonar + parking sensors. This may vary depending on your specific model (sonar, parking sensors, etc).

I ordered through Discount Infinti. In summary, you will need the bumper, fog lamp bezels, lower/upper grille.

Bumper: 62022-6HJ1H $460
Fog Lamp Bezel: 62257-6HJ0A $80
Fog Lamp Bezel: 62256-6HJ0A $80
Lower Grille: 62254-6HJ1B $100
Grille (I chose Black Sport Grille with radiant emblem + sensor holes310-6HH0C $500

·
Registered
648 Posts
Were there any issues with wiring the front sonar sensors since they got relocated to the grille from the bumper on 18+? Not planning on doing an 18+ conversion but I always wondered.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I don't see any calibration procedures for the sonar sensors in the service manual so relocating them doesn't appear to be an issue. The radar sensor may require a calibration after being relocated in the new bumper. I don't know for sure though.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't see any calibration procedures for the sonar sensors in the service manual so relocating them doesn't appear to be an issue. The radar sensor may require a calibration after being relocated in the new bumper. I don't know for sure though.
I have already relocated the sensor once when I installed my Frozen Boost 101 Heat Exchanger. Luckily, it didn't need a re-calibration. Hoping the same for this swap.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Conversion complete. My body shop could not re-use the same parking sensors and had to purchase new ones for $200 a pop from the 18+ models. Everything else fit correctly. 0 issues with sonar or parking sensors. Overall, very happy with everything. I will be finishing the wiring on the emblem this weekend and will post some pics. The car looks really slick, really wakes up the front end.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Conversion complete. My body shop could not re-use the same parking sensors and had to purchase new ones for $200 a pop from the 18+ models. Everything else fit correctly. 0 issues with sonar or parking sensors. Overall, very happy with everything. I will be finishing the wiring on the emblem this weekend and will post some pics. The car looks really slick, really wakes up the front end.

Do you have any completed photos? This sounds awesome. I am curious if you are 100% fogs can't be swapped over?

I have no tech sensors or anything else.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you have any completed photos? This sounds awesome. I am curious if you are 100% fogs can't be swapped over?

I have no tech sensors or anything else.
Fogs can 100% swap over no modification. The bumper part # will be different as well since you do not have any sensor holes.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Fogs can 100% swap over no modification. The bumper part # will be different as well since you do not have any sensor holes.

Nice! Thanks, that looks so awesome!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Nice, Looks great. I actually like the old sport bumper better. Frown vs smile.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts