Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to improve my car horsepower, I have a couple of first mods that I want to do. I’m not sure if I want to do it in that order but I’m confused if I should spend more money and get Full Down Pipes or just get Lower Down pipes?
1. AMS Red Alpha Cold Air Intake Kit
2. FULL OR LOWER DOWNPIPES
3. AMS Red Alpha Heat Exchanger
4. BLOW OFF VALVES
5. Red Alpha Low Pressure Fuel Pump Upgrade
6.Red Alpha VR30 RA338 High Pressure Fuel Pump Kit

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
OP. how much reading or searching have you done?

Lets just start another thread.

these are just a few.

·
Registered
2019 Q50 Luxe RWD
872 Posts
No catback planned? That's a good list minus a catback.

Get the HX first, then LDP if you aren't getting a catback, FDP if you are

Intakes are negligible in terms of gains, you may get 5whp after a tune. Untuned, none at all

BOVs do nothing for horsepower, but they are fun haha

LPFP can be done any time but it's needed to run e30, does not add HP by itself. Who are you planning to have tune the vehicle?

Same with HPFP, stock one is fine until you go above e30 which would require a tune.

Once you start tinkering with the HPFP and ethanol blends, stash some $ for new injectors and fuel rails. They sometimes don't last long afterwards.

Reactions: Eldomieldomi809

·
Registered
426 Posts
Do you have a budget?

Do you have a specific goal?

Do you have a timeframe?

Any restraints or concerns like emissions or noise?

Do you have ethanol near by? or what octane gas?

what is car use? Is this is daily driver? weekend warrior? dedicated track car? drag car?

Are you planning on doing any or all of the mechanical work yourself? If no do you have any mechanical knowledge or capability?

Reactions: jodedor

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Do you have a budget?

Do you have a specific goal?

Do you have a timeframe?

Any restraints or concerns like emissions or noise?

Do you have ethanol near by? or what octane gas?

what is car use? Is this is daily driver? weekend warrior? dedicated track car? drag car?

Are you planning on doing any or all of the mechanical work yourself? If no do you have any mechanical knowledge or capability?
wow...take it easy...it is just an innocent question.

why are you being so hard on someone who didnt bother to do some research and reading?

First, you need to get on google. we all know that is a bit tricky these days.

Then, you have to filter through non relevant information.

Then you have to read and understand the pertinent information.

It is a lot easier to ask.

OP...were just busting you [email protected]!!$.

please take some time and do some reading.

I recommend for anyone who gets a make/model they havent had to just drive it for a good month minimum. During that time, do your research. Ask questions on existing threads.

·
Registered
426 Posts
wow...take it easy...it is just an innocent question.

why are you being so hard on someone who didnt bother to do some research and reading?

First, you need to get on google. we all know that is a bit tricky these days.

Then, you have to filter through non relevant information.

Then you have to read and understand the pertinent information.

It is a lot easier to ask.

OP...were just busting you [email protected]!!$.

please take some time and do some reading.

I recommend for anyone who gets a make/model they havent had to just drive it for a good month minimum. During that time, do your research. Ask questions on existing threads.
I'm not following?

Every persons situations / scenarios / abilities / goals / budgets etc... are different. cant accurately recommend anything based off no information.
People don't always fit into or want the basic cookie cutter mold like everyone else.

Once OP clarifies by answering those questions, proper recommendations can then be made specific to him.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
I'm not following?

Every persons situations / scenarios / abilities / goals / budgets etc... are different. cant accurately recommend anything based off no information.
People don't always fit into or want the basic cookie cutter mold like everyone else.

Once OP clarifies by answering those questions, proper recommendations can then be made specific to him.
I see you didnt get the very dry humor.

I am usually the one harping on new members.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,345 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,345 Posts
How about you dont let someone create a new thread until they have posted 10 times.

This would eliminate your ebay sellers and spam threads.
The system isn't set up to do that sort of thing or I'd consider it.

Perhaps if I started handing out 3-day bans to people who don't post their signature information like we've asked in that new member sticky, maybe things would improve.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
The system isn't set up to do that sort of thing or I'd consider it.

Perhaps if I started handing out 3-day bans to people who don't post their signature information like we've asked in that new member sticky, maybe things would improve.
or we just pounce on them.

permission to pounce, tin man?

I truly have zero patience...even less as I get older.

We can add a rule for new members to not create any new threads until they have at least 10 posts, and car details in their signature.

if a new thread is made by someone with less than 10 posts, it gets deleted with a message to the member and a link to new member rules????

But who would bother reading the new member info? I know that I wouldnt even bother.

It looks like it is just going to be a grind with noobs. And, I dont mean it disparagingly. I just mean that they havent had enough experience around forums and their norms.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,345 Posts
or we just pounce on them.

permission to pounce, tin man?

I truly have zero patience...even less as I get older.

We can add a rule for new members to not create any new threads until they have at least 10 posts, and car details in their signature.

if a new thread is made by someone with less than 10 posts, it gets deleted with a message to the member and a link to new member rules????

But who would bother reading the new member info? I know that I wouldnt even bother.

It looks like it is just going to be a grind with noobs. And, I dont mean it disparagingly. I just mean that they havent had enough experience around forums and their norms.
Pounce might be a little extreme. If the veteran members would take in interest in politely reminding others who don't post their info to do so, it would be helpful. If the Spud reads this, I'd be curious as to his take on your suggestion.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I’m assuming by his post he has no info to post in his sig beyond what is in his title.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,345 Posts
I’m assuming by his post he has no info to post in his sig beyond what is in his title.
I put my location under my avatar so people know where I am. Some answers to questions depend on a person's location. Listing your car's information (year, trim, mods) in the signature field makes answering questions easier without having to search around in the thread to see what the OP has.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Intakes are negligible in terms of gains, you may get 5whp after a tune. Untuned, none at all

LPFP can be done any time but it's needed to run e30, does not add HP by itself. Who are you planning to have tune the vehicle?

Same with HPFP, stock one is fine until you go above e30 which would require a tune.

Once you start tinkering with the HPFP and ethanol blends, stash some $ for new injectors and fuel rails. They sometimes don't last long afterwards.
Thanks for the advice, I'm from MD, I'm currently looking for a tuner out here that works well with Q50's. I do plan on getting a cutback exhaust for the Q but I'm still currently doing more research on which Catback exhaust to get.

·
Registered
2019 Q50 Luxe RWD
872 Posts
Thanks for the advice, I'm from MD, I'm currently looking for a tuner out here that works well with Q50's. I do plan on getting a cutback exhaust for the Q but I'm still currently doing more research on which Catback exhaust to get.
Honestly, if you're looking to get the most out of the car performance-wise, which it sounds like you are, remote tuning with Racebox or AMS are your best options. Everyone else is behind those two companies in the tuning arena right now.

Also, are you AWD or RWD?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Honestly, if you're looking to get the most out of the car performance-wise, which it sounds like you are, remote tuning with Racebox or AMS are your best options. Everyone else is behind those two companies in the tuning arena right now.

Also, are you AWD or RWD?
Yeah I want to go to an authorized dealer out here in MD that does AMS tuning. I’m AWD. For my exhaust set up I’m thinking of installing the ARK Performance GRiP Exhaust System.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

As far as the LPFP and HPFP those are mods I’m still considering, those might be mods I’ll do in the future. As far as the exhaust I’m looking forward on getting the ARK Performance GRiP Exhaust System. Aslo I’m currently trying to find a good AMS tuner here in MD.

·
Registered
2019 Q50 Luxe RWD
872 Posts
@Eldomieldomi809 ,

I don't think you'll find an AMS tuner in MD, their options are either to bring it to their location in IL for dyno tuning or remote tuning. 95% of people tuned by AMS are remote tuned, and 98% of people tuned by Racebox are remote tuned. Are you possibly confusing the term AMS tune with Ecutek tune? Because all tuners are using Ecutek software, you just get different results based on their skill level/knowledge. There's likely a master Ecutek tuner in MD. Based on this site, EcuTek - Find a Tuner, AAM is a master tuner for the VR30. I don't know of anyone with a tune done by AAM on this platform but they tune a lot of GTRs. AAM Competition Nissan GT-R 370Z & Infiniti Q50 Q60 Turbo Performance. It will still be an Ecutek tune regardless, just done by the Master Tuner at AAM.

I still recommend AMS or Racebox.

Ark/Fast Intentions/Greddy/Stillen are all good options out the box for the 3.0t as far as catbacks go. Some people have had to play with the MBRP to get it how they like it.

If I were you, I would mod in this exact order:
HX
FDP
Catback (if you can do Catback and FDP at the same time it'll save some time and $ on install)
CAI
BOV
Tune

Within 30 days of your original tune being dialed in:
LPFP
Flex Fuel Kit
HPFP

At some point, you'll want better tires and Z1 subframe collars as you'll need a little help putting the power down to the road even as an AWD car.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts