Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
@Eldomieldomi809 ,

I don't think you'll find an AMS tuner in MD, their options are either to bring it to their location in IL for dyno tuning or remote tuning. 95% of people tuned by AMS are remote tuned, and 98% of people tuned by Racebox are remote tuned. Are you possibly confusing the term AMS tune with Ecutek tune? Because all tuners are using Ecutek software, you just get different results based on their skill level/knowledge. There's likely a master Ecutek tuner in MD. Based on this site, EcuTek - Find a Tuner, AAM is a master tuner for the VR30. I don't know of anyone with a tune done by AAM on this platform but they tune a lot of GTRs. AAM Competition Nissan GT-R 370Z & Infiniti Q50 Q60 Turbo Performance. It will still be an Ecutek tune regardless, just done by the Master Tuner at AAM.

I still recommend AMS or Racebox.

Ark/Fast Intentions/Greddy/Stillen are all good options out the box for the 3.0t as far as catbacks go. Some people have had to play with the MBRP to get it how they like it.

If I were you, I would mod in this exact order:
HX
FDP
Catback (if you can do Catback and FDP at the same time it'll save some time and $ on install)
CAI
BOV
Tune

Within 30 days of your original tune being dialed in:
LPFP
Flex Fuel Kit
HPFP

At some point, you'll want better tires and Z1 subframe collars as you'll need a little help putting the power down to the road even as an AWD car.
I appreciate this useful information bro. I’ll take all of this in consideration. I may be heading towards the Lower Down Pipe route soon and then maybe in the future get Full Down Pipes. Yeah, I was getting confused with the term AMS tune with Ecutek tune.

·
Registered
503 Posts
@Eldomieldomi809 ,

I don't think you'll find an AMS tuner in MD, their options are either to bring it to their location in IL for dyno tuning or remote tuning. 95% of people tuned by AMS are remote tuned, and 98% of people tuned by Racebox are remote tuned. Are you possibly confusing the term AMS tune with Ecutek tune? Because all tuners are using Ecutek software, you just get different results based on their skill level/knowledge. There's likely a master Ecutek tuner in MD. Based on this site, EcuTek - Find a Tuner, AAM is a master tuner for the VR30. I don't know of anyone with a tune done by AAM on this platform but they tune a lot of GTRs. AAM Competition Nissan GT-R 370Z & Infiniti Q50 Q60 Turbo Performance. It will still be an Ecutek tune regardless, just done by the Master Tuner at AAM.

I still recommend AMS or Racebox.

Ark/Fast Intentions/Greddy/Stillen are all good options out the box for the 3.0t as far as catbacks go. Some people have had to play with the MBRP to get it how they like it.

If I were you, I would mod in this exact order:
HX
FDP
Catback (if you can do Catback and FDP at the same time it'll save some time and $ on install)
CAI
BOV
Tune

Within 30 days of your original tune being dialed in:
LPFP
Flex Fuel Kit
HPFP

At some point, you'll want better tires and Z1 subframe collars as you'll need a little help putting the power down to the road even as an AWD car.
all good advice/information.

Depending on budget and timeframe a JB4 is a good stop gap to hold you over till finishing the bolt ons and tune and has little to no loss if purchased used,

I would toss in injectors if going HPFP and E85.

For the sake of safety, traction, and consistency when doing datalog pulls for the tuning process I would recommend wheels/tires asap.

Also personally after doing JB4, HX, CAI, I was not confident in the way the car felt at higher speeds. So opted to do springs, front camber arms, rear camber/toe arms, rear sway bar and front strut bar with custom alignment after, car feels way more stable and planted so doing higher speed pulls is not as sketchy which for datalogs you will need to do, they prefer 4th gear pulls to redline if possible which is about 130mph. Sport and red sport might not be as necessary, but the premium/lux feel like boats at speed.

You can never go wrong with "safety" first IE wheels/tires and full suspension. Brakes are fine unless you are doing numerous back to back high speed runs, 1 or 2 pulls on the way home or for a few datalogs not a big deal.

Reactions: Eldomieldomi809
21 - 22 of 22 Posts