Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have their grille blacked out. Are the ones on ebay easy to install and include necessary hardware? What brand do y'all recommend. Thanks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have one of the ebay blacked out grills and it fits perfectly. I don't remember the grill coming with any additional installation hardware as you re-use all the original screws and clips.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you have to take the bumper off? So no additional clips or screws are necessary. It just clips onto the front bumper from the inside?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Did you have to take the bumper off? So no additional clips or screws are necessary. It just clips onto the front bumper from the inside?
Bumper cover. ;) Yes, I believe it needs to come off.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yes the front bumper needs to come off, however you don't necessarily need to disconnect everything. Take the front bumper off (tons of youtube videos out there showing how to do it). Once you have removed all the hardware, you can yank the bumper off and still leave the wiring for the fog lights/ signals in tact. The one wiring harness that needs to be disconnected is the front camera (if your Q has one). Then i believe its just a couple screws that hold the emblem in place and a bunch of clips surrounding the grille. Swap it out for the black grille and reverse all the steps and voila...magic lol.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Yes the front bumper needs to come off, however you don't necessarily need to disconnect everything. Take the front bumper off (tons of youtube videos out there showing how to do it). Once you have removed all the hardware, you can yank the bumper off and still leave the wiring for the fog lights/ signals in tact. The one wiring harness that needs to be disconnected is the front camera (if your Q has one). Then i believe its just a couple screws that hold the emblem in place and a bunch of clips surrounding the grille. Swap it out for the black grille and reverse all the steps and voila...magic lol.
Bumper Cover!!!! <bangs head against wall>

·
Registered
6,022 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts