Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my car back from the dealership , where they replaced the battery under warranty....
But looking at it now , they installed a Napa Proformer , not a OEM replacement.

Should I complain , or is this unit as good or better than the factoty unit ?

·
Registered
775 Posts
That's odd, but bet they were out of stock of Nissan batteries and wanted to get you set up. Most all of the automotive 12V batteries, regardless of "brand", are made by one of two or three different manufacturers that get a different label slapped on. Exception may be say Optima or Odyssey, etc.

Only thing is generally the "Proformer" line is the usually lowest tier level of Napa parts. Not to say this is bad, just there are probably higher levels available from there. I suppose if the CA/CCA are the same and warranty similar you're probably alright.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I would only worry about it if you start getting codes related to voltage. Otherwise, it should be fine. Dealerships have had to use non-OEM batteries a lot lately. Really isn’t a problem.

Reactions: rpiotro

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I would be interested to know what cost the charged you for the battery. Not labor, but battery cost. I guarantee a Nappa battery is going to be cheaper than the Infiniti OEM battery.

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
5,721 Posts
I would be interested to know what cost the charged you for the battery. Not labor, but battery cost. I guarantee a Nappa battery is going to be cheaper than the Infiniti OEM battery.
It was a warranty replacement. I don't think parts prices show on service invoices for warranty repairs.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Probably be easy enough to gauge if you go to Napa's website and enter the part info, if curious. Of course that wouldn't include markups, etc. but would give a good idea.

Speaking of, can't believe how much car batteries are nowadays. Talking since the last few years, not just recently when everything has gone nuts. Seems like yesterday thinking $50 was a lot for a good replacement, lol.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
It was a warranty replacement. I don't think parts prices show on service invoices for warranty repairs.
Ahh, missed that detail.

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
5,721 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts