Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

2020 Infotainment Issues

9K views 45 replies 14 participants last post by  rpiotro 
#1 ·
Hello. I’m new to the Q50. I just leased a 2020 Q50RS w/ ProActive. Got a sweet deal on a ‘20 while looking for a ‘19 to replace my ‘17 Q60RS.
A couple issues I’ve found with the new infotainment system. I thought I’d start a thread.
  • Sirius/XM screen locks up. Although you can still change channels the screen does not update the text/graphics until a reboot (car off/on).
  • Unable to connect to update maps over WiFi. It keeps telling me to connect to a WiFi network even though I am. I will try this from my house as the last couple times I’m connecting via my cell hotspot. Checking System Software updates works fine from hotspot.
I tried to see if updates were available for the Infotainment but it says it’s up to date.
Overall the new 2020 Infotainment is very nice. I’ve had some time to play with Android Auto. Infiniti is way behind on its tech so the update was a nice addition over my ’17 Q60RS.

#3 ·
<Milky Way>

Reactions: Pillboy
#4 ·
The Costco candy boxes had some of those in them and some kids actually took them (Halloween)...not enough of them, but it surprised me that any did.

#5 ·
<3 Musketeers>

#8 ·
Feel like I'm missing a joke somewhere...... <Three Musketeers>

#10 ·
They are all candy bars. Snickers, Milky Way, 100 Grand, Three Musketeers. Granted, it was a poor joke.

#18 ·
I was able to check for map updates over my hotspot today. None available. Satellite radio graphics are still occasionally locking up. The new Infotainment is very nice and it's a long time coming for Infiniti. They still need to catch up on tech. Why a car this price doesn't have what a Genesis G70 has is disappointing. If I didn't get 20% off MSRP I would have picked up a '20 G70 3.3t Sport to replace my '17 Q60RS. Genesis aren't discounting much, although there's a lot of bang for the buck in a Genesis. Still love Infiniti, just wish they would pull it together. Their sales are terrible.

#19 ·
Spoke to Infiniti today as I couldn't get the app to recognize my new Q50. I guess the new Infotainment is half baked and none of the connected services are working yet. No ETA either. I was told the great thing is, they can push new features out to us. Sounds like the now missing useless "App Garage". Only the SOS button works. I didn't pay for the connected services after the first year on my '17 Q60RS as it didn't seem worth it. Infiniti needs a new vehicle IT boss.

#20 ·
Why am I getting this feeling of deja vu? Could we be looking at another class-action lawsuit like last time?

Reactions: DeeCee
#22 ·
Nav part is noticeably faster and smoother. Haven't had much time to play with it as I'm still mainly driving a '17 Q60RS. I did use Android Auto on a 500 mile drive. I mostly used Waze (first time) and it was very nice. Have not tried my work phone with Carplay but one of these days I'd like to check it out. The satellite XM radio has nicer graphics, but it does occasionally lock up and only has 18 presets.

#25 ·
Just picked up a 2020 Q50 RS after getting rid of my 2017 Q60 RS and I am so disappointed in the Infotainment System. Here are some issues that I have had in the first month.

1) Navigation is wrong going to selected addresses often ending up 4-6 miles away from the intended address.

2) Heading down the Interstate, I asked POI for the nearest US Post Office. It quickly gave me an option close by and I selected it. When I arrived at that location it was an Oriental Shopping Center. Using Google Maps on iPhone I found the Post office 3-4 miles from my current location.

3) While using navigation, the system repeatedly instructs me to exit where there is no exit. Also, the center navigation panel shows a zero display with no Information for next turn. Especially when selecting an address while driving.

4) FM Radio Stations freeze and the display says "Station is currently not available"

This is GARBAGE. My 2017 Q60 RS was much much better than this. I never had any issues. I thought these systems were supposed to get better with each new upgrade?

#26 ·
Need to remember your 2017 system had 3-4 years of software development, bug fixes and updates when you purchased it. It's not uncommon for basic functionality like this
to be broken when a large hardware/software update is made to the system. A patch is already being worked on and likely to show up in the next 1-2 months.

It's why Infiniti and other automakers separate their infotainment updates from their major mechanical; redesign/refreshes, by the time the 2021 MY hits
and gets it's redesign all of these issues are going to be fixed.

Reactions: q50adix
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.