Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After six months on my 2020 Red Sport my itouch went black screen. I was coached by dealer to reboot by pressing and holding radio button in. Since then had other issues such as freeze up in blue tooth phone connection and auto locks not working necessitating to start and stop car. Dealer check could not fine any error codes but upon my insistance had them send a pic of my black screen to Infiniti technical. Sure enough they said they had other complaints from other 2020 owners of similar problems with itouch. They kicked it back to Infiniti technical to find a fix.

Over a month later itouch is still acting squerrily and they do not have any feedback or est. date for a software/hardware fix. I am calling them out on this as between the dealer and Infiniti consumer affairs they have an obligation to fix this under warranty. It should not be open ended. Anybody who has experienced similar problems? Any advice would be appreciated. Sad as itouch should be service proven by now.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
You are somewhat of an outlier as Intouch has been very reliable in the more recent models. What is truly sad is that your dealer can't rectify the issue. My condolences.

BTW, not itouch. Intouch. Watch it or you may feel the wrath of a very large, rich, and powerful company.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...update, Infiniti consumer affairs (Shane) shared there is a preliminary fix whereas the intouch module is changed out and the old software is loaded back in. It seems to be a hardware issue and it potentially affects all 2020 Infiniti's that use this. We are talking Q50's, Q60's and even QX-50. So not an outlier just unlucky. Going to wait to see how the other trials go before volunteering to get the fix.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts