Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 370 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I previously leased a 2018 Red Sport but unfortunately was totaled. I have gathered all possible options for my future car but the Q50 still comes to #1 spot not only for the power and looks, but mainly the aggressive leases Infiniti can offer.

My question is, will the infotainment system be upgraded in 2020? I tried searching but found nothing. I'm ok with keeping everything else the way it is but that for me is the weakest link.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Hello all,

I previously leased a 2018 Red Sport but unfortunately was totaled. I have gathered all possible options for my future car but the Q50 still comes to #1 spot not only for the power and looks, but mainly the aggressive leases Infiniti can offer.

My question is, will the infotainment system be upgraded in 2020? I tried searching but found nothing. I'm ok with keeping everything else the way it is but that for me is the weakest link.
Infiniti has confirmed a new infotainment is set for release in 2021, most likely they meant model year but Infiniti had this to say about it last year.
"The next-generation system will consist of a single, tablet-style screen that will continue to place a virtual boundary between the two groups of functions. "

Honestly I'd say check out a G70 or Stinger if you can find one and the lease prices are good.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Infiniti has confirmed a new infotainment is set for release in 2021, most likely they meant model year but Infiniti had this to say about it last year.
"The next-generation system will consist of a single, tablet-style screen that will continue to place a virtual boundary between the two groups of functions. "

Honestly I'd say check out a G70 or Stinger if you can find one and the lease prices are good.
Or the 4th Gen Lexus IS which is rumored to have an IS F returning. The Regular IS 350 Is supposed to have the same engine as the BMW 340 (Partnership). That engine puts out better numbers than the Red Sport.

·
Registered
174 Posts
The 2020 models will have the same design but larger screens, better resolution and hopefully CarPlay. When our Infiniti trainer came by a while back, the Signature models were projected to have CarPlay, hence not having Navigation, but that was not the case.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Or the 4th Gen Lexus IS which is rumored to have an IS F returning. The Regular IS 350 Is supposed to have the same engine as the BMW 340 (Partnership). That engine puts out better numbers than the Red Sport.
What? That really doesn't make any sense, the IS F would need to be running on a BMW platform, which wouldn't make any sense as Toyota just released a new architecture for a twin turbo V6,
the car hasn't' been seen in testing, and it would totally undermine the newly produced Supra.

Also the B58 really doesn't put out better numbers... it's down about 40-50WHP on the Red sport and is only up 20ft-lbs of torque and the VR30
looks to be the better tuning platform..

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
The 2020 models will have the same design but larger screens, better resolution and hopefully CarPlay. When our Infiniti trainer came by a while back, the Signature models were projected to have CarPlay, hence not having Navigation, but that was not the case.
Oh will they be potentially get a dealer update later on then to include Android auto?

·
Registered
25 Posts
LoL, it took them so many years to finally realize how bad the infotainment system is :|.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Give me a dual clutch b4 android anyday. Or, better yet, put the VR in a Z with a std or dual clutch and I'm in.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Give me a dual clutch b4 android anyday. Or, better yet, put the VR in a Z with a std or dual clutch and I'm in.
Yep, give me a new Z any day of the week with a DCT or Manual over android auto.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts

You must be talking about the 2020 MY of 340. I think it's going neck and neck with RS

·
Registered
6 Posts

This is the first I have heard of an upgrade the the NAV system. I cannot find anything info online. Can anyone else confirm this is going to happen for MY 2020?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hopefully they revamp the entire car with options for a panoramic roof. Sucks that the American models don't get the fold in mirrors either.
I love my Q, but it's boring to drive now. It would also be nice to change the color of the dash lighting depending on the driving mode too. A boy can just dream right?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You must be talking about the 2020 MY of 340. I think it's going neck and neck with RS
I just saw a Doug DeMuro review of the M340 and the HP was about 380, but the 0-60 he states was 4.2 seconds. Faster than the redsport but the HP numbers he stated is lower than Red Sport. I would be curious to see what the M340 puts down on the dyno. Seems like a lot of MFG now a days are stating lower HP numbers than actual dyno's show.

As for my upcoming lease, which I plan on getting in December which would mean me getting a 2020 MY, hopefully it will have the latest and greatest infotainment. I wouldn't be a happy camper to have old technology but for now, I can hold off these few months not only to get the 2020MY, but to take advantage of dealerships wanting to move cars in the Month of December.

December is a great time to buy as sales are usually slow and they are wrapping up the year. Last time I got my 2018 RS in December, they were very aggressive on pricing and was very easy to get to the number I wanted to be. This time around, since I was a previous infiniti owner, hopefully the deal will be even sweeter. Also going back to the same dealership should help out + getting numbers from other dealerships around me (North Jersey)

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I just saw a Doug DeMuro review of the M340 and the HP was about 380, but the 0-60 he states was 4.2 seconds. Faster than the redsport but the HP numbers he stated is lower than Red Sport. I would be curious to see what the M340 puts down on the dyno. Seems like a lot of MFG now a days are stating lower HP numbers than actual dyno's show.

Right and that's the AWD version and RWD with ~4.5 seconds. And yes, BWM is also known to underrate the power figures, I bet the wheel HP would be very close to 380hp (+/- 10hp). But we don't have a data on how it'll do beyond 60mph, especially on 1/8 and 1/4 mile. It's powerful nonetheless.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
What? That really doesn't make any sense, the IS F would need to be running on a BMW platform, which wouldn't make any sense as Toyota just released a new architecture for a twin turbo V6,
the car hasn't' been seen in testing, and it would totally undermine the newly produced Supra.

Also the B58 really doesn't put out better numbers... it's down about 40-50WHP on the Red sport and is only up 20ft-lbs of torque and the VR30
looks to be the better tuning platform..
It sounds crazy but that's what I've been reading. I wouldn't put that past them considering they partnered with BMW on the Supra by adding a De-Tuned Z4 engine in their most popular sports car they ever made.

Regarding the B58, the AWD 340 has been hitting 4.1 0-60 times and Germans always underate their power. Isn't the AWD RS at 4.5? That's a significant number over the RS.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Also worth keeping in mind the 340i is about 200lbs lighter than the Q50 and the ZF transmission has an extra gear, launch control and is just a better gear-box
by every measure. HP is not the only measure in which speed is achieved, you are right though most MFG are under-rating their engines it's mostly
due to turbo-charging.

We will see what it ends up putting down at the wheel, I suspect it will only be another 10WHP or so.

It sounds crazy but that's what I've been reading. I wouldn't put that past them considering they partnered with BMW on the Supra by adding a De-Tuned Z4 engine in their most popular sports car they ever made.

Regarding the B58, the AWD 340 has been hitting 4.1 0-60 times and Germans always underate their power. Isn't the AWD RS at 4.5? That's a significant number over the RS.

Hah alright just wanted to try and make sense of things, but the biggest reason they went with BMW as a partner was because the Supra had to have a Inline 6
and it wouldn't fit in their new Modular platform which was designed for the turbo V6 they are producing.

They also didn't want to invest hundreds of millions simply to build a one off sports car, I'm sure the ISF will be refreshed but I'm almost positive it will be using the new
Toyota platform and not something produced by BMW.

The AWD RS is hitting 4.2 in unofficial tests while bone stock, none of the major outlets like MT/C&D have actually performed instrument testing for an AWD RS
annoyingly enough. Heck even the RS400 in RWD is under-tired compared to the competition which is running Pilot Sports, toss those on a RWD Q50
and it will shave on 1-2 tenths in a sprint to 60.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is from the Q60 forum from a supposed employee of Infiniti:

"I work for INFINITI yes all 2020 models will have both CarPlay and Android Auto. Our system is already built on an android platform." "You probably won’t see our first 2020 until late Summer. "

There was also information previously posted from an interview with Infiniti that said in "2019"... so this would suggest 2020 models.. would get an updated infotainment system with the current layout... to include larger higher res screens and android auto/apple carplay... and then the system would be completely replaced for 2021.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hello all,

Buy what you like and can afford now, don't wait around on any car manufacturer.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Buy what you like and can afford now, don't wait around on any car manufacturer.
I disagree, always wait till year end if nothing else you get the best prices as dealerships try and clean up inventory, it's also after most of the major car unveiling
across auto-shows.

Much less likely to get burned or regret not holding off a few months.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I disagree, always wait till year end if nothing else you get the best prices as dealerships try and clean up inventory, it's also after most of the major car unveiling
across auto-shows.
Different strokes for different folks. Always needing the latest greatest is a perfect reason to lease Vs buying.

I’m sure this is an unpopular opinion but a dealer will always make money despite what time of the year it is...
The optimal time to purchase a used car is when it has sat on the lot for over 30 days.

Much less likely to get burned or regret not holding off a few months.

1 - 20 of 370 Posts