Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know when the new navi update will be out? It says on the site version 12.5 which it has for a long time. I just want to make sure I get the latest version for $129 or whatever it is.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
5,250 Posts
Waze. Free. Police alerts. ;)

·
Registered
145 Posts
I believe version 12.5 is August 2020

·
Registered
686 Posts
Trust fam. The factory navi update isn't even worth it and keep in mind. With shipping $29.95. Its 160 USD. $200+CDN to update navi. F dattttt. Buy some mods for $200.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Trust fam. The factory navi update isn't even worth it and keep in mind. With shipping $29.95. Its 160 USD. $200+CDN to update navi. F dattttt. Buy some mods for $200.
I'm showing shipping as $3.95 for USA although I do agree $130 is a bit steep but they're trying to get the most they can before Apple Carplay and Android Auto are standard on all new vehicles.

Reactions: rpiotro

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you recommend a mod I can install that I can buy in Canada? I'm near Toronto. I have a 2018 and would love to have android auto on the main screen!

·
Registered
686 Posts
I'm showing shipping as $3.95 for USA although I do agree $130 is a bit steep but they're trying to get the most they can before Apple Carplay and Android Auto are standard on all new vehicles.
Must be shipping outta the USA for your shipping to be that cheap. Must be nice.

Can you recommend a mod I can install that I can buy in Canada? I'm near Toronto. I have a 2018 and would love to have android auto on the main screen!
Not interested in radio mods so search the forums or someone else can help you on this

·
Registered
2016 Infiniti Q50 Premium 3.0t AWD - Black Obsidian
120 Posts
So what's the verdict on this? Pointless?

·
Super Moderator
5,250 Posts
So what's the verdict on this? Pointless?
I think it is personal preference. If you use your factory nav a lot and/or have noticed it's outdated and/or you just like to always have the latest map, go for it. It is pricey for something you can get on your phone for free with live traffic data, re-routing, speed limits, police and hazard alerts, etc. If I keep my car long enough, I think it would bother me at some point that my navi map was old. But, for me, it might be every 3rd or 4th update that I'd consider buying.

Reactions: rpiotro

·
Registered
145 Posts
My 2017 Q50 came with navigation data from 2015. I have found myself using the map more than I thought I would.

I personally do plan on updating it within the year.

Reactions: YoungRizz

·
Registered
686 Posts
My 2017 Q50 came with navigation data from 2015. I have found myself using the map more than I thought I would.

I personally do plan on updating it within the year.
Same as mine. Jan 2015 version. I was going to try to get an update out of my selling dealer but never did as I use my cell phone navi more since more accurate.

·
Registered
38 Posts
A few years ago, my Nav system was a few years old and had some annoying errors. I purchased te update and, sure enough, the new version had the same errors. There's no guarantee that the update will have any changes relevant to your area.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
I update mine every two years. The last time there was anything significant around here was when Wisconsin went to a 70 MPH speed limit on rural interstates. It took three, yes three years for the map updates to catch up.

Reactions: DeeCee

·
Registered
2016 Hybrid 3.5 SportTech RWD
763 Posts
Same here in Europe resp. Germany: Outdated maps, expensive and full of errors. I originally had a sd card with data from 2015 and updated 2019 (for incredible 189 Euros) with data from 2018. In a 2020/21 Q50 I'd always use AC and Waze, Sygic or similiar for free...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Lack of demand is probably why they are outdated and full of errors. I wouldn't be surprised if their sales have dropped 50% or more in the past few years since Apple Carplay and Android Auto are becoming more standard in cars.

Reactions: rpiotro and DeeCee

·
Super Moderator
5,250 Posts
Same here in Europe resp. Germany: Outdated maps, expensive and full of errors. I had originally had a sd card with data from 2015 and updated 2019 (for incredible 189 Euros) with data from 2018. In a 2020/21 Q50 I'd always use AC and Waze, Sygic or similiar for free...
What does it list as the speed limit for the Autobahn? 🤣

·
Registered
2016 Hybrid 3.5 SportTech RWD
763 Posts
It shows "Go Baby Go"...

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Reactions: ptatohed

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,409 Posts
Mine was a 2017 IIRC so I got the 2019 when it was released. A lot of roads that were missing now show up. I use my phone mostly and make sure to download the area maps before I drive into areas that have little to no cell service.

I don't see the point of buying new maps every year. Every 2, or even 3 may make sense, for the times where no cell service is available.

I may get the 2021 update.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I updated my map last year. I don't depend on navigation much, but it did update a few new roads in the area which made direction plotting easier.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts