Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
Now that we know what to expect for the 2020 MYQ50, I thought I would make a new post regarding speculations and what we can expect for the 2021 (V38) Model of the Q50.

So far what we officially know:

Speculations:

• 2021 Infiniti Q50 platform will switch to a standard all-wheel-drive system and it will come with an electric powertrain.
  • Brand New Infotainment system along with major system overhaul.
I'm looking researching any news relating to the 2021 Model. We all know Nissan/Infiniti likes to keep quiet until the very last minute. What are you thoughts? Please help share some news/leaks here as well if found.

a4297c33132979.56a0ebe00ed0a.jpg

f1362733132979.56a0ebe00d6ae.jpg

InfinitiNoir4_2000_c.jpg

InfinitiNoir6_2000_c.jpg

Sharing Pictures provided by @carmarker1 via early concept renders https://www.infinitiq50.org/forum/in...ml#post1300473

·
Registered
684 Posts
Outstanding and awesome post. Thank you for the information and speculation.

It’s always good when members include actual and real links to the information they provide.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
The visibility in the pics appears to be very compromised but the final product NEVER looks like the artist rendering anyway. Happy to see they are least serious about doing something after 7-8 years of the same.

·
Registered
684 Posts
The visibility in the pics appears to be very compromised but the final product NEVER looks like the artist rendering anyway. Happy to see they are least serious about doing something after 7-8 years of the same.
It appears one reason for the slow new model rollout is the large amount of R&D dollars Nissan has spent on EV and Autonomous driving.

Our new QX50 has ProPilot, ProActive and ProAssist. It has been advanced and actually better than our similarly equipped 2018 Q50 Hybrid. Nissan’s autonomous systems are far ahead of many competitors.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Yes, it is always exciting to see what the next MY will bring. Which beings me to what they plan to do with the VR30 Motor.. I don't think they would phase it out so quickly as it is still a very new motor.
There is almost zero chance Infiniti will drop the VR30 from it's lineup so soon after it began production.

Most likely Infiniti has designed the future chassis in such a way that it can accommodate both the VR30 & VC-T Engine or it will
spin off two variants of the platform. One with a focus on performance and the other being more economy focused.

Either way the VR30 is a longitudinally oriented engine that is RWD by default meaning we will likely see a new transmission
as well as the CVT isn't suited to high power applications and would present a lot of packaging challenges for Infiniti.

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
This is interesting.

Is it possible that the Project Black will debut in 2021 as well...that is IF it ever will.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's a good point. Actually, I hope they will approve the production the system in the (v38 models).
It will certainly help boost Infiniti's performance engagement from the eyes of the public.
I also think as this stage maybe we can expect an improved VR Variant.

More importantly, I'm curious of its price point. I guess we will here more of the Black S later this year https://www.motor1.com/news/365420/infiniti-project-black-production-decision/

·
Registered
49 Posts
Has anyone considered that there simply might not be a 2021 Q50? Sales have slowed so significantly that people have already speculated that the Q60 will be discontinued.

My thoughts are that they will come out with their QX55 in the spring/summer and then the next vehicle will be a QX40.

If Q50 sales don’t improve I am not so sure that they are going to replace the Q50 with another traditional sedan. I think it is more likely that the next generation of Q50 will actually be more crossover than sedan.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Has anyone considered that there simply might not be a 2021 Q50? Sales have slowed so significantly that people have already speculated that the Q60 will be discontinued.

My thoughts are that they will come out with their QX55 in the spring/summer and then the next vehicle will be a QX40.

If Q50 sales don’t improve I am not so sure that they are going to replace the Q50 with another traditional sedan. I think it is more likely that the next generation of Q50 will actually be more crossover than sedan.
No...go to any dealer and they have Q50’s in stock for a reason. They still sell and more importantly make money on them. However it’s harder and harder to find a Q60. Even though the Q50 has lost sales due to her age and the fact everyone is buying SUV’s. The Q50 clearly makes a profit for Nissan. If Infiniti were to drop models it would be the Q60 and Q70.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
IIRC Carmaker1 said Q50 is always guaranteed a refresh. That makes sense because it is the best-selling sedan in the Infiniti line-up (there are only two of them anyways). IMO, within the next 5 years we will see a refresh. It might not be MY 2021 but will still come out.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Q70? How low are those sales #s ? I don't see either of the Q50 or Q60's going away in 2021.
I wish the Q50 had the Q60 door handle. My G37IPL had one and I still miss it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I feel the fact that the Q60 is not available in Japan is already a sign. l. I hate to say it but I can see the Q60 being axed and only development of Q50 continuing.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
I feel the fact that the Q60 is not available in Japan is already a sign. l. I hate to say it but I can see the Q60 being axed and only development of Q50 continuing.
Nah the Q60 coupe works as a styling and marketing statement for Infiniti they aren't going to axe the model simply because of low sales volumes. With nearly 9,000 sales in the US alone for the Q60
there is plenty of justification to keep it around.

Besides waning sales figures is common 1-2 years before a full refresh

·
Registered
59 Posts
@Q602B Anything you've picked up with your Google Fu for the 2021 Q50? I've seen mixed opinions stating that MY21 will see the V38 and also that it's not coming until MY22. Either way, I'm pulling the trigger this year. Ordering my car at the beginning of February.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts