Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Infiniti should go after the aftermarket crow, a lot of money could be made there. Their support is pathetic and non existing.
Their sales are stagnating because they are cutting corners and pushing volume. Dumb, innovate that’s how you gain market share. I’m sure if they would offer different packages for the RS q50 ppl would be all over them. I would definitely buy a q50 red sport with 500-600 hp or something like that from the factory even with limited warranty.
Give them time they will learn if it’s not too late.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have to agree that I’d love to see some more aggressive power options. 400 horsepower stock hasn’t been a big deal since the mid 2000’s. I’d love for Infiniti to compete with the M5 or E63 class and put out a twin turbo v8 upwards of 600hp. I’d be all over that. GTR’s are obviously pretty awesome, but a luxury sedan “executive” version from Infiniti would be a great alternative.
Infiniti should go after the aftermarket crow, a lot of money could be made there. Their support is pathetic and non existing.
Their sales are stagnating because they are cutting corners and pushing volume. Dumb, innovate that’s how you gain market share. I’m sure if they would offer different packages for the RS q50 ppl would be all over them. I would definitely buy a q50 red sport with 500-600 hp or something like that from the factory even with limited warranty.

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
Nope....notta....no-thing....complete radio silence and not for the lack of trying:(

I've been trying to bait @Carmaker1 out from his silence here on this forum, to no avail. He has been posting on the Lexus Enthusiasts Forum; although, he had only mentioned INFINITI in passing - nothing ground breaking.

Perhaps, @BigHeadClan has snuffed something out.

Good luck on the purchase(y)....it will be your luck (and my sincerest sympathies for you) that those idiots in Yokohama would announce details for an MY21 debut at the time of your purchase.

@Q602B Anything you've picked up with your Google Fu for the 2021 Q50? I've seen mixed opinions stating that MY21 will see the V38 and also that it's not coming until MY22. Either way, I'm pulling the trigger this year. Ordering my car at the beginning of February.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
@Q602B Anything you've picked up with your Google Fu for the 2021 Q50? I've seen mixed opinions stating that MY21 will see the V38 and also that it's not coming until MY22. Either way, I'm pulling the trigger this year. Ordering my car at the beginning of February.
Nope....notta....no-thing....complete radio silence and not for the lack of trying:(

I've been trying to bait @Carmaker1 out from his silence here on this forum, to no avail. He has been posting on the Lexus Enthusiasts Forum; although, he had only mentioned INFINITI in passing - nothing ground breaking.

Perhaps, @BigHeadClan has snuffed something out.

Good luck on the purchase(y)....it will be your luck (and my sincerest sympathies for you) that those idiots in Yokohama would announce details for an MY21 debut at the time of your purchase.
Sadly nothing to report on my side either, only news of note past few months was the recent 370z test mule running around the Nurburgring
& Alfonso Albaisa confirming he was chosen to handle the redesign. Based on the test mule the VR30 and FM platform will likely continue
for one more generation.

We likely won't be seeing anything until late in 2020 closer to the Tokyo and LA motor shows as it's
when Nissan usually show off their sports cars.

With that said CES did just finish and Nissan did have a fairly strong presence this year so some juicy interviews or hints
may filter our over the next few days.

Reactions: twin_snails

·
Registered
172 Posts
Nissan doesn’t seem to have a clear direction going forward in regards to their performance cars.The GTR is sort of stuck in neutral and it’s an old platform and any ’sport’ cars which would challenge it will cause major problems at Nissan. For example, if Infiniti will build a 500hp platform and cost say 65-70k compared to a GTR which cost 120k base model most ppl performance oriented will probably go for the Infiniti.
I would argue that Nissan should roll the GTR prices under 100k and build a q50 sedan with similar power as the GTR or somewhat close to it and price it higher than current price of 60k. Make it a sport package or something.
I think the Z platform has the same issue. If Nissan would build a 500hp Z car not many would be interested in the GTR especially if it can modded to 600+ hp.

To me the GTR is literally holding down any performance upgrades to lower models like the Z and Q platforms.

So my question is this, which car in Nissan line up is suppose to compete with the the new 50k Toyota Supra... 370Z or the GTR?

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Nissan doesn’t seem to have a clear direction going forward in regards to their performance cars.The GTR is sort of stuck in neutral and it’s an old platform and any ’sport’ cars which would challenge it will cause major problems at Nissan. For example, if Infiniti will build a 500hp platform and cost say 65-70k compared to a GTR which cost 120k base model most ppl performance oriented will probably go for the Infiniti.
I would argue that Nissan should roll the GTR prices under 100k and build a q50 sedan with similar power as the GTR or somewhat close to it and price it higher than current price of 60k. Make it a sport package or something.
I think the Z platform has the same issue. If Nissan would build a 500hp Z car not many would be interested in the GTR especially if it can modded to 600+ hp.

To me the GTR is literally holding down any performance upgrades to lower models like the Z and Q platforms.

So my question is this, which car in Nissan line up is suppose to compete with the the new 50k Toyota Supra... 370Z or the GTR?
If Nissan built a GTR for $80, I may just go for it. That would put it at RS5 pricing but more power and better handling and reliability.

If I had to guess, they are hardly making any money at current pricing.

We criticize nissan with their GTR way too much. It is a LOT of car for the money.

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
3,387 Posts
Reactions: Avedis53

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts

If Nissan built a GTR for $80, I may just go for it. That would put it at RS5 pricing but more power and better handling and reliability.

We criticize nissan with their GTR way too much. It is a LOT of car for the money.
The simple solution (I know it is really not so simple, but still) to what you two gentlemen have hinted, is IMO, move the GTR to the INFINITI nameplate. This is where it should have been from its 2007 U.S. introduction. And this move will not be without merit, being that the GTR was born from the Prince Skyline at the time when Prince served as the luxury arm for Nissan. Prince no longer exists, but INFINITI is its spiritual successor. So why not? GTR could serve as the Halo car with low production/high cost (here's looking at you Project Black S) options, which would make room for $75K-$90K true sport-tuned performance optioned Q50/Q60....and a budgeted Z option for Nissan.....problem solved. You all can thank me later (that is, IF I WAS KING FOR A DAY)!!!

·
Registered
172 Posts

I think they make money on the GTR, but they lose money on other models hence why they keep jacking up the price on the GTR. Nobody will buy a Sentra for 50k but ppl will prob buy the GTR even at the higher price. But sooner the GTR sales will slow down too if they keep jacking up the price for the same 2009 set up.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts

Whether we like it or not, actually Nissan/Infiniti have been very clear on their direction, electrification. They have already teased upcoming platforms that are unique. One being a gas powered motor generator with electric drive motor axles. Their pitch - provides the instant torque and drive feel of EVs but no range anxiety due to being powered from a gas engine. Again, whether we like it or not, but electrification is their stated direction.

There is almost zero chance of the VR38 being put in the Q50. That doesn't make sense from a brand standpoint (GTR) or the fact that there are plenty of differences with that powertrain that probably aren't compatible with the Q50.

How many extra sales do you think the aftermarket crowd ("crow"?) and a top performance spec vehicle would generate? The Black S has been out there as a concept for a long time now and could fill that role, but again how many sales and how much profit does that create for a company that is probably highly focused on those values at this time?

Reactions: Wheels43 and Q602B

·
Registered
2018 Jaguar XE, had 2017 Red Sport 400, 17 Silver Sport, 14 Hybrid and 14 Base 3.7.
1,537 Posts
The last thing I saw from Nissan is that they are trying to dissolve the partnership with Renault, and are on save their ass mode, and restructure.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Whether we like it or not, actually Nissan/Infiniti have been very clear on their direction, electrification. They have already teased upcoming platforms that are unique. One being a gas powered motor generator with electric drive motor axles. Their pitch - provides the instant torque and drive feel of EVs but no range anxiety due to being powered from a gas engine. Again, whether we like it or not, but electrification is their stated direction.

There is almost zero chance of the VR38 being put in the Q50. That doesn't make sense from a brand standpoint (GTR) or the fact that there are plenty of differences with that powertrain that probably aren't compatible with the Q50.

How many extra sales do you think the aftermarket crowd ("crow"?) and a top performance spec vehicle would generate? The Black S has been out there as a concept for a long time now and could fill that role, but again how many sales and how much profit does that create for a company that is probably highly focused on those values at this time?
Enough that Toyota brought back the Supra for that specific need and Toyota was straight forward about it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
E
The last thing I saw from Nissan is that they are trying to dissolve the partnership with Renault, and are on save their ass mode, and restructure.

Exactly! The past two years Nissan’s profitability went south from lack of vision and direction. my personal opinion is that they are don’t listen to their customer all that much either.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Do you mean the BMW Supra?

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
@twin_snails mention the V38, as in the (part of the) code-name for the next-gen's platform; the current gen Q50's platform has V37 in its code-name.

Reactions: twin_snails

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
@twin_snails mention the V38, as in (part of the) code-name for the next-gen's platform; the current gen Q50's platform has V37 in its code-name.

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
@twin_snails mention the V38, as in (part of the) code-name for the next-gen's platform; the current gen Q50's platform has V37 in its code-name.

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: BigHeadClan

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
What is wrong with this site....duplicate posts?

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
3,387 Posts
What is wrong with this site....duplicate posts?
No, triplicate posts.

No, triplicate posts.

No, triplicate posts.

21 - 40 of 112 Posts