Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Q50 Luxe VR30 TT
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had an issue with my brand new Q50. During normal driving not beating it or anything like that it suddenly kills power goes into limp mode and all the dash lights come on. I stop turn it off for a few minutes,clean the sensors off from the snow thinking that may be it go start it back up and shes back to full power but I still have my check engine light on. The car only has 750 miles, so any suggestions would be very helpful. Also I have zero mods done to her she is completely stock. Thank in advance!

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,844 Posts
Just had an issue with my brand new Q50. During normal driving not beating it or anything like that it suddenly kills power goes into limp mode and all the dash lights come on. I stop turn it off for a few minutes,clean the sensors off from the snow thinking that may be it go start it back up and shes back to full power but I still have my check engine light on. The car only has 750 miles, so any suggestions would be very helpful. Also I have zero mods done to her she is completely stock. Thank in advance!
If you have a steady MIL light (outline of an engine), then you have an emissions control problem, the sonar sensors aren't the problem. Unless you have a loose gas cap, take it back to the dealership for diagnostics.

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
did you try using snow mode?

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,844 Posts
Reactions: mjc11579

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Error Code P061B is an air filter or intake snorkel issue. Thus, replacing the air filter can usually solve the trouble code. ... A collapsed air filter doesn't just bring in dirt, but also things like snow, which can shock the hot wire inside and mess with the MAF sensor, causing the engine to shut down as well.

Reactions: mjc11579

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
It just pulled error code P061B;
The following description isn't Infiniti-specific, but gives you an idea on why this code may have been set:

In a vehicle the engine torque is monitored by the PCM. The Powertrain Control Module does this by using input signals received from the Mass Air Flow sensor (MAF) as well as the Accelerator Pedal Position (APP). They are both responsible for providing different information. APP sensor calculates the desired or approximate required engine torque, whereas the MAF sensor calculates the actual engine torque. When the engine is switched on the PCM is energized, then the internal engine torque monitoring self-tests start. The Controller Area Network or CAN runs internal controller self-tests and also compares signals from every module to make sure that they all are functioning well. These tests are performed at the same time, if the PCM detects any incongruence with the desired torque and actual torque (more than 50-Newton meters for more than 1-second), it will set P061B code. The Malfunction Indicator Lamp may also be illuminated, however it may take multiple failure cycles for it to light up, depending on the severity of the issue.

What causes this problem with the Internal Control Module Torque Calculation Performance?

• Fault in the Throttle Valve Control Servo
  • Open or shorted harness of the Throttle Valve Control Servo
  • Bad electrical connection of the Throttle Valve Control Servo circuit
  • Powertrain Control Module (PCM) has failed
  • Corroded connector of electrical MAF sensor
  • Clog in the air filter element
  • CAN harness connectors are open or shorted

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,844 Posts
I show no P061B DTC in the service manual for the 3.0t engine but there is for the 2.0t.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts