Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Q50 Red Sport
335 Posts
I'd be personally offended if I saw that. Absolutely insane. I spent 2 minutes and found this 2018 Audi R8 V10 w/Quattro AWD @ 20k miles for the same price.
Man what a car that is! I was on the highway the other day having some fun with my buddy that has a Supra (such a fun car). Any who, all of a sudden, a white rocket ship blew by us as if we were standing still (we weren't!)....yep it was an R8 🤤

·
Registered
2016 Infiniti Q50 Premium AWD (w/Bose & Nav)
999 Posts
Man what a car that is! I was on the highway the other day having some fun with my buddy that has a Supra (such a fun car). Any who, all of a sudden, a white rocket ship blew by us as if we were standing still (we weren't!)....yep it was an R8 🤤
They're awesome. Always told myself that if my software development job takes me where I want it to, I'll get a few investment properties and hopefully get a diversified enough income for financing used R8 or GT-R.

• Love
Reactions: Q50Wolf

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
16,596 Posts
They're awesome. Always told myself that if my software development job takes me where I want it to, I'll get a few investment properties and hopefully get a diversified enough income for financing used R8 or GT-R.
Investment properties? As in rental properties?

·
Registered
999 Posts
Investment properties? As in rental properties?
Yup, hopefully in decent areas with a little bit of appreciation relative to inflation. Always wanted to get into real-estate. There's no way in hell I could justify spending close to $100k on a car unless it's backed by some form of separate income.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
16,596 Posts
Yup, hopefully in decent areas with a little bit of appreciation relative to inflation. Always wanted to get into real-estate. There's no way in hell I could justify spending close to $100k on a car unless it's backed by some form of separate income.
You'll be spending your money on maintenance costs for the rental properties, dealing with renters who damage the property, property taxes, legal expenses to evict troublesome tenants, insurance, and so on. If you aren't making at least 1% of the market value of the property in monthly rent, you'll be underwater shortly and no R8 or GT-R for you. You'll need at least a 15% down payment to purchase rental property also.

Reactions: RaceCar

·
Registered
999 Posts
You'll be spending your money on maintenance costs for the rental properties, dealing with renters who damage the property, property taxes, legal expenses to evict troublesome tenants, insurance, and so on. If you aren't making at least 1% of the market value of the property in monthly rent, you'll be underwater shortly and no R8 or GT-R for you. You'll need at least a 15% down payment to purchase rental property also.
Those are true, but they are also anticipated costs that get factored in when looking into a property. It's all just about finding the right ones. Legal expenses and unexpected maintenance are always risks to be wary of though. Of course this is a long term plan, but it's something I would be happy going for it once I am settled down a bit.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
16,596 Posts
Those are true, but they are also anticipated costs that get factored in when looking into a property. It's all just about finding the right ones. Legal expenses and unexpected maintenance are always risks to be wary of though. Of course this is a long term plan, but it's something I would be happy going for it once I am settled down a bit.
Buy a primary residence first and make some financial investments before considering rental property. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Buy a primary residence first and make some financial investments before considering rental property. Just my opinion.
Fair advice. Biggest concern is settling down in the first place. My field is all over the country and I plan on job-hopping until I get to a salary I am happy with (very common in the field) so I won't really have a "home" for a few years.

Either way, I am happy to continue living in crappy parts of town off ramen and cheap pasta a few years after college while I build capital. The only thing I spend any money on is my car and school - and girlfriend.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
16,596 Posts
Fair advice. Biggest concern is settling down in the first place. My field is all over the country and I plan on job-hopping until I get to a salary I am happy with (very common in the field) so I won't really have a "home" for a few years.

Either way, I am happy to continue living in crappy parts of town off ramen and cheap pasta a few years after college while I build capital. The only thing I spend any money on is my car and school - and girlfriend.
If you're constantly moving around the country, then rental property is probably the last thing you want to invest in. Remote rentals are difficult to manage, so you'll likely need a local property management company to keep things straight while you're galivanting around the country. More costs.

·
Registered
999 Posts
If you're constantly moving around the country, then rental property is probably the last thing you want to invest in. Remote rentals are difficult to manage, so you'll likely need a local property management company to keep things straight while you're galivanting around the country. More costs.
I was referring to investing in rental properties once I settle down somewhere. Going to use moving around the country to increase salary and build capital.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
16,596 Posts
I was referring to investing in rental properties once I settle down somewhere. Going to use moving around the country to increase salary and build capital.
Good luck with your plan. Getting married and having kids can postpone that for a while also.

Reactions: nickdaria

·
Super Moderator
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Meanwhile, that Sportback ad not longer shows on CarGurus.

I'm sure it's because of the free publicity on this forum, and he/she then is planning to invest that $150k in some rental property.:confused:

Reactions: Avedis53
1 - 16 of 16 Posts