Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since I am a glutton for punishment, after going through 3 MK2 Tesla screen's I am going the upper screen module route. I snagged a SmartAuto Tablet kit off of someone on FB. It seems to have to best reviews with the least bugs from owners. Its always out of stock on the website so I was happy to get a lightly used kit from someone that is "upgrading" to an MK3 Tesla screen for a good price. I'll try to snag some pics along the way and impressions.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
5,555 Posts
Since I am a glutton for punishment, after going through 3 MK2 Tesla screen's I am going the upper screen module route. I snagged a SmartAuto Table kit off of someone on FB. It seems to have to best reviews with the least bugs from owners. Its always out of stock on the website so I was happy to get a lightly used kit from someone that is "upgrading" to an MK3 Tesla screen for a good price. I'll try to snag some pics along the way and impressions.
What happened to the 3 MK2 screens?

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
5,555 Posts

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lazy!
1st one had some type of touch issue that would automatically think buttons were pressed by itself. I had video of this.
2nd one had a delaminated screen bubble
3rd one would keep my hazard lights stuck on.
Good times!!!

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
5,555 Posts
Lazy!
1st one had some type of touch issue that would automatically think buttons were pressed by itself. I had video of this.
2nd one had a delaminated screen bubble
3rd one would keep my hazard lights stuck on.
Good times!!!
TY. Ok, let me know how you like the Smart Auto. We can compare notes (I have the Unavi). When you said Table, I assume you meant tablet?

·
Premium Member
2017 Q50 Silver Sport VR30DDTT
440 Posts
Reactions: ptatohed

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cubbie where the brain goes.

Single connection to the CD player.

Installing the interface board.

Everything all plugged in.

The install was actually the easy part! Getting all the software to play nice with my phone was more difficult. Anytime I connected for android auto it would reset my phone. Long story short, as soon as I updated Chrome the issue went away and android auto worked beautifully. Only thing left now is to figure out phone mirroring.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
The install was actually the easy part! Getting all the software to play nice with my phone was more difficult. Anytime I connected for android auto it would reset my phone. Long story short, as soon as I updated Chrome the issue went away and android auto worked beautifully. Only thing left now is to figure out phone mirroring.
My understanding of the Smartauto kit is that it does not support mirroring.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My understanding of the Smartauto kit is that it does not support mirroring.
Apparently there is an app that will allow it. Trying to get the apk from the original owner.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Apparently there is an app that will allow it. Trying to get the apk from the original owner.
That would be very cool.
What do you think of the resolution of the upper screen? I’d be interested in a picture.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
11,327 Posts
That would be very cool.
What do you think of the resolution of the upper screen? I’d be interested in a picture.
Not much as it's only 800 x 480 pixels.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Not much as it's only 800 x 480 pixels.
Thanks for the resolution spec but my question was to Ddns about his impression of the Smartauto display on the upper screen.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
5,555 Posts
I am a little curious if you could download the jb4 app directly on the smartauto tablet and sync up.
I can't even display my JB4 gauges on my upper screen with the Unavi. I guess it is not supported by Android Auto. You have a tablet so I bet you could install the JB4 app. But can it read the JB4 BT module? I'm guessing not?

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Quality seems perfectly fine to me. It's obviously not HD but the colors are good and it's crisp enough for use. It's a heck of alot better than the stupid clock or Infiniti maps.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Looks great. Did both displays have to be removed for install?

1 - 20 of 99 Posts