Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Wouldn’t a usb cable just plug into where the Bluetooth is connected on the JB4 itself?
I can’t recall but I think it was just a 9 pin serial port so couldn’t you just get an adapter from serial to usb?

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Ive never tried or investigated! :) If all I have to do is wire up a USB to DB9 cable that doesnt seem like a big deal as long as I can figure out the pinout.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #43

·
Registered
88 Posts
Is the tablet connected to the usb input in the center console? If it is I don’t see why that wouldn’t work

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
5,275 Posts
That may work but I am not sure I'd want to give up the phone / BT connection.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I would think the lower screen would have to be on USB input. Would you be able to have music and JB4 if that is the case?

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
You can still use your BT audio and FM etc from the lower screen. Audio is only interrupted if you set the lower screen to AUX. If I could run the JB4 straight to the USB of the SmartAutoKit and get gauges/log locally instead of screen mirroring it would seem like having my cake and eating it too...

·
Super Moderator
5,275 Posts
You can still use your BT audio and FM etc from the lower screen. Audio is only interrupted if you set the lower screen to AUX. If I could run the JB4 straight to the USB of the SmartAutoKit and get gauges/log locally instead of screen mirroring it would seem like having my cake and eating it too...
I run Waze on my upper screen and JB4 on my phone, mag-mounted right next to the upper screen. I am happy.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
That DB9 to USB cable has me stumped....USB is 4 wire and this pic only shows 3 wires used on the DB9.
Guessing data+/- and ground? unless the BMS cable has a USB to serial adapter built into the cable.....

·
Super Moderator
5,275 Posts
That DB9 to USB cable has me stumped....USB is 4 wire and this pic only shows 3 wires used on the DB9.
Guessing data+/- and ground? unless the BMS cable has a USB to serial adapter built into the cable.....
It probably doesn't need/use positive power.

·
Super Moderator
5,275 Posts
That was my guess as well. May have to cut the insulation on the BT dongle to verify the DB9 pinout.
Now I am lost as to what you are trying to do. Why does anything need to be cut open? Run the $35 JB4 cable from JB4 to tablet, done, no?

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Ive got usb and DB9 cables laying around all over work so it would be nice to try it to confirm it works instead of spending 35+shipping to find out I have a paperweight.

·
Super Moderator
5,275 Posts
Ive got usb and DB9 cables laying around all over work so it would be nice to try it to confirm it works instead of spending 35+shipping to find out I have a paperweight.
But then you won't have the BMS rubber band! Worth $35 alone! 🤣

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #56

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #57

Android screen mirroring is a go!!! JB4 gauges are a go from the phone through bluetooth. No need for the hardwired connection to the JB4. Finally was able to get over the hurdle with the right version of the right app and connection.

·
Registered
2017 Q50S
49 Posts
I messed with mirroring but couldn't get it to work, could you drop any info? I am going Ecutek in April and at least with that I can be hardwired and still use the bluetooth with my phone, just can't be connected with both apps at the same time.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
It required a special version of the Easy Connect app to be installed on the indash screen. Then you install the basic Easy Connect app on your phone and plug in with USB and it will screen mirror.

·
Super Moderator
5,275 Posts
So, the JB4 gauges are portrait on the phone. Are they landscape on the upper screen?

41 - 60 of 78 Posts