Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of 4 used tires. Good amount of tread left. About 16k miles on them. Local pick up only - Los Angeles, CA.

Price $350

DUNLOP SP SPORT MAXX 050 DSST CTT

Size: 245/40RF19 94W

·
Registered
2016 Hybrid 3.5 SportTech RWD
761 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Sorry, but you really want 350 USD for used Dunlop Runflats with 16k miles on them? Here?

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
The least desirable tire here. I consider those a disposal problem. But, best of luck.

Reactions: MikeD1 and Wheels43

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
647 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Sorry, but you really want 350 USD for used Dunlop Runflats with 16k miles on them? Here?
maybe he's paying you $350 to dispose of them?

Reactions: MikeD1 and Wheels43

·
Registered
761 Posts
...the only reason I'd take them!

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,844 Posts
I felt fortunate when someone bought mine with 1,200 miles on them for $250 plus shipping.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
I felt fortunate when someone bought mine with 1,200 miles on them for $250 plus shipping.
You got the better part of that bargain.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Great deal for you.

I was ecstatic when Discount Tire bought two of mine (8/32 tread) for $25 each. I was expecting to just have them go to landfill.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I got lucky too – sold mine directly from the new car (30 mls) for 200 Euros...

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,844 Posts
The guy lived in Vancouver, WA and needed RFTs for a lease return so the shipping wasn't too bad from here. Otherwise, they'd probably would have gone to the dump.

·
Registered
Had 2017 Red Sport 400, 17 Silver Sport, 14 Hybrid and 14 Base 3.7.
1,694 Posts
Hah, I got $500 for my tires, he blew two of them, instead of paying $500 a piece for them, he got all four for that price.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Guys, bear with me, but I just got my 2018 Q50S a couple weeks ago after my 08 G35S was totaled, so I'm a bit new to this conversation. My Q50 came with the exact same Dunlops so I'm curious to know why everyone things they're such a bad tire choice. I ride/race motorcycles so I'm intimately familiar with Dunlop motorcycle tires (love em!) but admittedly I have no experience with Dunlop car tires. That being said, they don't seem to have the same level of grip as my Kumho tires did, but I'm sure I could have done better than those too. So what tire does everyone seem to agree is a better choice?

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Guys, bear with me, but I just got my 2018 Q50S a couple weeks ago after my 08 G35S was totaled, so I'm a bit new to this conversation. My Q50 came with the exact same Dunlops so I'm curious to know why everyone things they're such a bad tire choice. I ride/race motorcycles so I'm intimately familiar with Dunlop motorcycle tires (love em!) but admittedly I have no experience with Dunlop car tires. That being said, they don't seem to have the same level of grip as my Kumho tires did, but I'm sure I could have done better than those too. So what tire does everyone seem to agree is a better choice?
I just bought a 2018 RS about 2 weeks ago and the dealer put on 4 of this same Dunlop tire and I thought they rode like absolute garbage and only had maybe 800 miles on them, but I guess some people like them. I literally just left from Discount Tire an hour ago and put on 4 brand new DWS06 Plus tires and the difference so far is night and day.

I used to race street bikes at Barber Motorsports Park in Birmingham, AL and also at Road Atlanta and you'd never catch me or anyone I race with with Dunlops. We ran Pirelli's or Michelins at all times.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just bought a 2018 RS about 2 weeks ago and the dealer put on 4 of this same Dunlop tire and I thought they rode like absolute garbage and only had maybe 800 miles on them, but I guess some people like them. I literally just left from Discount Tire an hour ago and put on 4 brand new DWS06 Plus tires and the difference so far is night and day.

I used to race street bikes at Barber Motorsports Park in Birmingham, AL and also at Road Atlanta and you'd never catch me or anyone I race with with Dunlops. We ran Pirelli's or Michelins at all times.
I wonder if it's a regional thing because I'm in Las Vegas and there are far fewer people running Michelins than there are Dunlops or Pirelli's. Personally, I didn't like how the Michelin's don't give you as much warning that they're going off like the Dunlops do. When the Michelin's let go, the let GO! I quit running them over 10 years ago so I'm sure they've improved since then. I've heard Pirelli is a great motorcycle tire but the side wall is softer so they're supposedly more squishy and I never liked the sound of that so I never gave them a try...just always liked the grip, stiffer carcas, and predictability of the Dunlops.

Sorry, I got off topic. What are you liking about the DWS06? Can you explain what the night/day differences are?

·
Registered
7 Posts
What other brands/models of tires is everyone running and what are your thoughts/experiences? Is anyone running a straight up summer performance type of tire?

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
I wonder if it's a regional thing because I'm in Las Vegas and there are far fewer people running Michelins than there are Dunlops or Pirelli's. Personally, I didn't like how the Michelin's don't give you as much warning that they're going off like the Dunlops do. When the Michelin's let go, the let GO! I quit running them over 10 years ago so I'm sure they've improved since then. I've heard Pirelli is a great motorcycle tire but the side wall is softer so they're supposedly more squishy and I never liked the sound of that so I never gave them a try...just always liked the grip, stiffer carcas, and predictability of the Dunlops.

Sorry, I got off topic. What are you liking about the DWS06? Can you explain what the night/day differences are?
For me, so far, it's just the ride quality, I immediately noticed the difference. With the Dunlops I could just feel the stiffness and harshness, which I understand they have to be pretty firm by nature being a run flat. The DWS06 is smooth as glass, at least from what i've experienced so far. I'll be able to get a better review of them once I get some road time. They currently have about 70 miles on them and its been really cold here so I haven't pushed them at all, but they seem to be one of the forum favorites so i'm sure i'll like them just fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
For me, so far, it's just the ride quality, I immediately noticed the difference. With the Dunlops I could just feel the stiffness and harshness, which I understand they have to be pretty firm by nature being a run flat. The DWS06 is smooth as glass, at least from what i've experienced so far. I'll be able to get a better review of them once I get some road time. They currently have about 70 miles on them and its been really cold here so I haven't pushed them at all, but they seem to be one of the forum favorites so i'm sure i'll like them just fine.
Yeah, I just read a review on the Conti's and there's a lot to like there. I've put 1K miles on the Dunlops so far and I have to admit that I don't have a lot of confidence in them under hard/fast cornering because it's pretty easy to break them loose, which is surprising considering the Dunlops are supposed to be "summer" tires so I'd expect them to have fantastic grip levels, which they don't seem to have. The Conti's are all season tires, which isn't a need here in Vegas but I'm still curious about them because of all the hype. Thanks for the feedback gSwiift! By the way, what was your weapon of choice on the racetrack when you raced? I started on the track on a Honda RC51, then retired the RC from track duty and got a Gixxer 750, then moved up to the Gixxer 1000.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Had a R1 for a while that got totaled on the track. Someone low sided trying to pass me on the inside which caused me to high side. After that it was a WERA built R6 but I ended up selling it before I got my race license. These pics were from the day the R1 got totaled. My buddies girlfriend has the pics of the wreck and she can't mind them, and i have no idea where my R6 pics are.

E062F6E9-DD70-413E-B9DE-F93FB9B81AAD.jpeg

82F98383-61C8-482F-8DE2-0A9BC7F40003.jpeg

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
On the couple I tracks we ran on, I found the liter bikes to almost be a bit too much. Road Atlanta was okay, but Barber's was slightly more technical so you couldn't use near all of that bike. The 600's were great on that track.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Had a R1 for a while that got totaled on the track. Someone low sided trying to pass me on the inside which caused me to high side. After that it was a WERA built R6 but I ended up selling it before I got my race license. These pics were from the day the R1 got totaled. My buddies girlfriend has the pics of the wreck and she can't mind them, and i have no idea where my R6 pics are.

View attachment 98362
View attachment 98365
Nice! Most people don't know the difference but since you were in the sport, I'll clarify that I never bothered to get my race license because of the expense of racing so I just stuck to doing track days. I run in the race group with the racers, but I never bothered to get my license and actually go racing. Still got my boogie on tho! First pic is me on the RC51. Can't bring myself to sell it and it's 20 years old now. 2nd and 3rd pics are the Gixxer. That dude on the Ducat was STUPID fast. He kept waiting for me on the track because I was the only one remotely close to his speed. I gave him the business as best I could until he passed me on the outside, in the dirt, on the back wheel. That's when I realized, 1), this dude is crazy, and 2) he's WAY out of my league! LOL!!

Okay, sorry to get so far off the original topic fellas, but it's always good to "run into" a fellow rider/racer!

_L_73672.jpg
GIXXA!.jpg
_L_71991.jpg

1 - 20 of 24 Posts