Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Nice! Most people don't know the difference but since you were in the sport, I'll clarify that I never bothered to get my race license because of the expense of racing so I just stuck to doing track days. I run in the race group with the racers, but I never bothered to get my license and actually go racing. Still got my boogie on tho! First pic is me on the RC51. Can't bring myself to sell it and it's 20 years old now. 2nd and 3rd pics are the Gixxer. That dude on the Ducat was STUPID fast. He kept waiting for me on the track because I was the only one remotely close to his speed. I gave him the business as best I could until he passed me on the outside, in the dirt, on the back wheel. That's when I realized, 1), this dude is crazy, and 2) he's WAY out of my league! LOL!!

Okay, sorry to get so far off the original topic fellas, but it's always good to "run into" a fellow rider/racer!
God now I miss it so bad! I lived 30 minutes from the track and we had a Cyclegear in town, so I took a part time job there just for the discount, which was 100% worth the few hours I worked there a week. lol The RC is a classic! It was the first twin I ever rode. I had a buddy that let me run it up and down Deals Gap (the dragon) a couple of times and the instant torque was amazing. That was in 2010, then in 2014 I bought a new Ducati 1199 Panigale...That was the prettiest, and fastest bike I ever rode, but I had nothing but issues, sold it with 600 miles on the clock.

·
Registered
7 Posts
God now I miss it so bad! I lived 30 minutes from the track and we had a Cyclegear in town, so I took a part time job there just for the discount, which was 100% worth the few hours I worked there a week. lol The RC is a classic! It was the first twin I ever rode. I had a buddy that let me run it up and down Deals Gap (the dragon) a couple of times and the instant torque was amazing. That was in 2010, then in 2014 I bought a new Ducati 1199 Panigale...That was the prettiest, and fastest bike I ever rode, but I had nothing but issues, sold it with 600 miles on the clock.
Haha! If you've still got your bike and gear, just do a track day to get your fix! Last year, because of Covid, it was the first year I haven't hit the track since 2004. I'm still completely addicted. You're lucky as hell to have done The Dragon. I'd love to do it but it's just too damn far away from Vegas. Maybe one of these days.

I'm gonna be a good Wingman so here's a little something to reignite the fires for ya! One of my older videos from a trip up to Utah to ride Utah Motorsports Campus (formerly Miller Motorsports Park) where the World Superbike and Moto America guys used to go. That start finish straight is a BEAST!

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Man that track layout looks amazing! Yeah i sold most of my stuff a few years ago but definitely wouldn't mind getting back into it. I also have about 40 pounds to drop before I can squeeze back into that Dainese suit. haha!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts