Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

This thread will serve as a reference for all of the necessary components to convert your Q50 center console to the proper 6MT pieces.

I had a friend in Scotland go over to Infiniti Glasgow for me to find these part #s and diagrams for me. Big shout out to Marie Flanagan, the after-sales advisor at Infiniti Glasgow for helping when she really didn't have to.

These items are ordered direct from the Tochigi factory and have an estimated 4-6 week delivery window. You may only order from Nissan Motorsports through your local dealer network or professional account.

The parts list is as follows:

96910-4GJ2ABOX-ASSY-CONSOLE/CENTERSPECIAL ORDER ITEM$552.00
96950-4GJ0ACUP HOLDER/TRIMSPECIAL ORDER ITEM$51.00
96935-4GJ0ABOOT-CONSOLE/SHIFTER TRIMSPECIAL ORDER ITEM$185.00
68414-4GJ0AFINISHER W/POCKETSPECIAL ORDER ITEM$89.00
68935-JK40APARKING LEVER FINISHERSPECIAL ORDER ITEM$11.00
96930-4GJ0AFINISHER-CONSOLE BOXSPECIAL ORDER ITEM$45.00
68210-4GJ0ALH PAD ASSY-INSTRUMENTSPECIAL ORDER ITEM$41.00
68211-4GJ0ARH PAD ASSY-INSTRUMENTSPECIAL ORDER ITEM$41.00
28935-4GA0BRHD NAV SWITCH ASSY W/360 VIEWINVALID #
68135-4GA0APANEL-INSTRUMENT SIDE LHS/S TO 68135-4GA2A - SPECIAL ORDER ITEM$30.00
68134-4GA0APANEL-INSTRUMENT SIDE RHSPECIAL ORDER ITEM$30.00
96912-JK40AMASK-CONSOLESPECIAL ORDER ITEM$9.00
96991-JU60ABRACKET-CONSOLE BOX/REARSPECIAL ORDER ITEM$18.00

The only outstanding item which has a conflicting part # is the nav toggle. The center console requires the UK version which is flipped for RHD. You can use your USDM one for the time being. It will just be upside down lol.

Parts Diagram: CONSOLE BOX INFINITI Q50 [Europe (right wheel)]

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
3,196 Posts
Moved from 3.7 Technical to Interior and Exterior sub-forum per my advice and OP's request. Redirect link good for 14 days.

·
Super Moderator
3,196 Posts
Coincidentally, this thread needed moderation so he had PMed me and we chatted a little and, to answer your questions, yes. He said he plans to do a full write up.

Donor car - European 2.2 Diesel Q50. 6MT

Reactions: Q50Tyler and BlueZ

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So does this mean the OP has converted his 7AT to a 6MT?
Ongoing process still, however its been very simple - Coronavirus is just causing major lag in some critical suspension parts I need (unrelated to the 6MT stuff)

This is a straight forward swap. If you've done a clutch job on a RWD car before you can complete this with a few free days and a pile of cash.

Basically you take a 370Z 6MT, a JWT 370Z clutch and flywheel, 370Z clutch and brake pedals, and a custom driveshaft and you bolt it all up. The only PITA is the 7AT harness, not really a PITA but it is an annoyance because you need to de-pin and jump the grounds to get the car to turn over. After that, fire up ECUTEK and check some boxes off and you're done.

The longest and most trivial part of this process was that I was dead set on having the proper interior pieces which added 2-3 months waiting time. I have too much pride to ask CZP for the part #s so I did it on my own.

So far there are three of us that have done this conversion. Eli was the first in NJ, Eric in TX, and myself in CA. I'm really curious as to why anyone is still trying to build the 7AT. Hopefully having this information searchable here will help elevate the platform.

·
Super Moderator
3,196 Posts
:)

·
Premium Member
2015 Q50 AWD Premium
213 Posts
Ongoing process still, however its been very simple - Coronavirus is just causing major lag in some critical suspension parts I need (unrelated to the 6MT stuff)

This is a straight forward swap. If you've done a clutch job on a RWD car before you can complete this with a few free days and a pile of cash.

Basically you take a 370Z 6MT, a JWT 370Z clutch and flywheel, 370Z clutch and brake pedals, and a custom driveshaft and you bolt it all up. The only PITA is the 7AT harness, not really a PITA but it is an annoyance because you need to de-pin and jump the grounds to get the car to turn over. After that, fire up ECUTEK and check some boxes off and you're done.

The longest and most trivial part of this process was that I was dead set on having the proper interior pieces which added 2-3 months waiting time. I have too much pride to ask CZP for the part #s so I did it on my own.

So far there are three of us that have done this conversion. Eli was the first in NJ, Eric in TX, and myself in CA. I'm really curious as to why anyone is still trying to build the 7AT. Hopefully having this information searchable here will help elevate the platform.
This is amazing and it will do big things for the Q. I was only aware of the one in Texas so I am glad to hear other have done it with success. I really want a manual swap and will probably do one on a rebuild. Obviously, my issue is I currently have an AWD so I need to get a RWD to rebuild at some point in the future.

·
Premium Member
2015 Q50 AWD Premium
213 Posts

Thanks for sharing all of this info. It will definitely help future swaps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts