Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
If you noticed in the video, when I turn the A/C off/on it get fixed.. However, this solution is not always achievable many times i have to turn the engine off/on.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,790 Posts
A/C auto amp. controls automatic air conditioning system by inputting
and calculating signals from each sensor and each switch. A/C
auto amp. has self-diagnosis function. Diagnosis of automatic air
conditioning system can be performed quickly.
I know what an A/C Auto Amp does. That's not what you called it though.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
update:
I took the car to Infiniti service and they told me the a/c condenser is not that good and needs to be replaced, what do you think?

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
update:
I took the car to Infiniti service and they told me the a/c condenser is not that good and needs to be replaced, what do you think?

View attachment 101532
I doesn't look especially clogged but there may be some separation of the fins from the tubes. If so, that would be the first I've heard of it.

Could it be clogged internally from a compressor failure? If so those often can be flushed.

I'm afraid to ask how much $.

I'm skeptical that that is the problem but I've been wrong before. Once or twice.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,790 Posts
I doesn't look especially clogged but there may be some separation of the fins from the tubes. If so, that would be the first I've heard of it.

Could it be clogged internally from a compressor failure? If so those often can be flushed.

I'm afraid to ask how much $.

I'm skeptical that that is the problem but I've been wrong before. Once or twice.
SOP is to recharge with dye to detect leaks. I would like to think that they leak-checked the condenser before deciding to replace it.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,790 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 · (Edited)
So then why is it being replaced?
According to my video above the compressor is shutting down because of it.
I did not talk to the technician yet, he sent a text message to his supervisor saying I can manage with current condenser, but it needs to be replaced.

Previously, they replaced everything except for the condenser.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,790 Posts
According to my video above the compressor is shutting down because of it.
I did not talk to the technician yet, he sent a text message to his supervisor saying I can manage with current condenser, but it needs to be replaced.

Previously, they replaced everything except for the condenser.
If it isn't leaking, then it's probably either plugged up (internally or externally) or there's enough fin/tube damage to warrant replacement.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any updates because I have the same issue and my Infiniti service centre observed the car for five days and didn’t find any issues in the system

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
update:

Infiniti tech was able to duplicate the same issue and they noticed the compressor rpm at zero, this indicates a failsafe mode. The reason for the compressor to overheat is a dirty condenser.
I will test the car and will update.

·
Registered
2 Posts
yes, do you have hybrid ?
Yes I do. 2014 q50 hybrid sport and I have the same issue as will but the dealer in Dubai didn’t find anything wrong with car. And I gave them the car to observe it for five days and they couldn’t duplicate the problem

61 - 75 of 75 Posts