Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I've found yet another InTouch bug. It seems that if the air conditioning is turned on automatically via the Auto temperature control or Defrost setting, if you view the A/C indicator in the Climate menu, it doesn't show that the A/C is on. Hence, to turn it off, you must first realize that it's on, then hit the button a few times to get InTouch in the right state first, then turn it off. Anybody else notice this?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
324 Posts
Yes I have.. When trying to simply "vent" w/o AC thru the car i couldn't figure out how to be sure the AC was off / on..

·
Registered
118 Posts
I noticed that on the loaner. By default, Nissan/Infiniti vehicles engage the A/C when you hit the "Auto" button on any of their cars. If you hit auto, then hit A/C, you can run the climate control in auto mode minus the A/C.

The Q50 is no different, HOWEVER, when you hit the auto climate button it engages the A/C compressor but the light doesn't light. So the compressor is running but the A/C light is not lit. Hit the a/c button and it lights up and the compressor remains on. Hit it a 2nd time and the light goes off and you can hear the compressor shut off.

Me thinks its a yet another line of bad code in the system.

Mike S.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Agreed, but I think the fancy-schmancy grape blah-blah in the climate system uses the compressor as part of its filtering system. I've noticed that even after I've hit the A/C button twice to switch off the compressor as described in the previous post, I still get the condensation puddle once the car has been parked for a while.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I think the Q50 has the worst climate control I've ever used. That's my biggest gripe about the car. It blows too hard and too cold or doesn't seem to blow at all. I think it just looks at outside temperature but doesn't seem to have a clue what it's like inside the car. One setting just never does the trick, it doesn't keep the car comfortable and you have to manually adjust all the **** time.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I think the Q50 has the worst climate control I've ever used. That's my biggest gripe about the car. It blows too hard and too cold or doesn't seem to blow at all. I think it just looks at outside temperature but doesn't seem to have a clue what it's like inside the car. One setting just never does the trick, it doesn't keep the car comfortable and you have to manually adjust all the **** time.
Yup... that too. Even in my 10+ y/o G20 I can't remember the last time I fiddled with the climate control system, it keeps the temperature and air flow consistent. However, different rear seat passengers in my Q have commented on how the climate stays consistent.

·
Registered
982 Posts
So the question is, can we recirculate the cabin air without turning the a/c on?

This could not be done on previous models (g35, g37). I went for a test drive and it "looked" like we can now do this. But upon reading this thread, it looks like I was fooled by the display?

Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've had my car for 8 months and thought that setting climate control to "Auto" would turn on the A/C or heat, as required. According to the manual, if the Auto A/C light is not on, it's heat only. I may not have had the A/C working at all for 8 months. The car seemed hot in the summer and I thought it was due to the lack of tinted windows.

As I now understand it, I should turn on the auto A/C and also the smart recirculation. Then the Auto climate control will be truly auto.

My old Acura was more intuitive.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yeah, too noticed this. IMO the climate control system works fine, its just a programming error that causing the ac light tot not illuminate. I'll bring this up at my next oil change.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is another example of poor design. Auto on mine is always cooling too much or too little. Today it was near 90 degrees outside in West LA, and Auto was blasting Arctic air even though I had it set to 73 degrees. Also, I have had AC enabled to run the whole time via Auto, even though this was not my preference. At least my lease is only 34 more months or I could swap out.

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
I had an M and 2 G's prior to the Q and the G's always blew out air that was way colder than the temp selection in auto a/c mode. I've had times where I needed to set the temp upwards of 77 degrees so I couldn't hang meat in the car.

So far my Q has performed much better - only 2 or 3 degree changes are necessary and not even that often. Haven't been through the summer yet though so I guess we'll see what happens when the weather heats up.

Haven't messed with the a/c setting yet to see about the display but I usually just leave it on auto with the temps.

Reactions: CarolinaQ50

·
Registered
853 Posts
The Q50 has a HORRIBLE auto climate control. I don't even use it anymore. I just manually adjust the fan and that seems to work better, what a shame. The problem is that it's a few degrees off, so you set it from say, 74 to 77, then after a few minutes it's still blowing way too hard, but now it's not even cool air, it's stuffy air. It needs to still blow cool air, just not so hard. In my Sonata, I think I left the climate on auto and it's temp setting for the entire lease without changing it. I can't drive down the block without screwing around with the Q50 one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.