Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not impressed with the instrument cluster but would prefer something newer and along the lines of what Lexus put in it's new 2014 Lexus IS, a digital instrument cluster.

2014 Lexus IS digital instrument cluster

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
It looks like they were trying to maintain a bit of similarity between the G37 and the Q50. The whole infotainment system is completely different and the signature Infiniti clock is gone. Maybe the designers wanted something to remain familiar.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i'm not disappointed by how they look but there can be improvements, i don't think infiniti is at the stage where they're ready to include industry leading tech like Lexus.

after they revamp their whole line of vehicles, maybe then we'll see a TFT LCD cluster.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Amongst its competitors the Infiniti Q50 is a little behind with proper improvements for the interior instruments.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
i'm not disappointed by how they look but there can be improvements, i don't think infiniti is at the stage where they're ready to include industry leading tech like Lexus.

after they revamp their whole line of vehicles, maybe then we'll see a TFT LCD cluster.
Even if you look at some of the eastern automakers like Kia they even have a full tft LCD screen as a speedometer.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Here are some comparisons

New Lexus IS

Man do I love that steering wheel. Can't wait to see this thing. Maybe I'll jump ship and get one.. We'll see.

Acura TL

Audi A4

BMW 3 series

Mercedes C class

This is the only good photo of the C350 cluster I could find..

Cadillac ATS

And the Q50..

I must say the Japanese cars look like they have better instrument clusters vs the german counterparts.. With the exception of the C class mercedes. The Q50 does fall behind the IS and TL though.

Not sure what I think about the ATS one yet.

For shiets and giggles here is the Genesis sedan steering wheel

·
Registered
59 Posts
One of many reasons I don't like Acura's are the way they design their vehicles. The Acura TL instrument cluster picture below being a good example:

I don't under how how it suits an Acura, looks like Acura went digging in GM & Chrysler's rejected parts bin for clusters LOL

Thankfully, soon the TL will step into a new generation (soon to be called the Acura TLX) , maybe then can put together a suitable instrument cluster.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
I still find the TL cluster to be nicer than the Q50. The Q50 seems very shallow and flat like the ATS or Genesis. I find I like clusters with more depth and layers to them. Colors also nice bolded numbers seem to also make it appear nicer.

I don't think Acura will be doing much.. Look at the RLX interior. Plain

Looking forward to the new NSX cluster though. Don't think we have any idea what it'll look like

·
Registered
59 Posts
Acura had a good general idea when designing that cluster, I also like the depth and layers to them as it makes for something much more interesting to look at, but they could have gone about it a different way.

It looks way too much like gauges in a old muscle car. Even tho the Infiniti Q50 instrument cluster is simple, it suits the car unlike the TL's.

The Acura RLX instrument cluster looks great, i like it better than the TL! But looking forward to seeing the 2015 Acura NSX instrument cluster functioning. It's just too bad it will take a while for the style of instrument cluster in the NSX to end up in more mass produced Acura's like the RLX, TL and ILX.

I still find the TL cluster to be nicer than the Q50. The Q50 seems very shallow and flat like the ATS or Genesis. I find I like clusters with more depth and layers to them. Colors also nice bolded numbers seem to also make it appear nicer.

I don't think Acura will be doing much.. Look at the RLX interior. Plain

Looking forward to the new NSX cluster though. Don't think we have any idea what it'll look like

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
It's really personal preference. I find the plain looking flat clusters to be boring. I like clusters that have bezels around them like the C class, A4, and the TL. Either that or go for a flashy digital one like the IS.

The Genesis, Q50, and ATS cluster look to normal to me.

Nothing beats the LF-A and new IS F Sport clusters though. Looks like something from the future.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I always liked the traditional instrument cluster look, sort of keeps the Q50 looking classy rather than some car full of high tech gadgets.

we may not have a full TFT LCD cluster but we do have a the Infiniti LCD cluster screen.

to those that are not familiar with it:

·
Premium Member
526 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
It's not a big deal for me.

It's not the best looking cluster out there, but it's better than average IMO. A big improvement over the current cluster if you ask me.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
I'm with you there. It is not leaps and bounds ahead of the current clust but it gets the job done.

·
Registered
407 Posts
It's not a big deal for me.

It's not the best looking cluster out there, but it's better than average IMO. A big improvement over the current cluster if you ask me.
yeah the infiniti q50 sedan gauges aren't that bad at all, even the infiniti g37 gauges looks great to me....

can't wait for this to make it to production...

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I just now noticed that they got rid of the signature combined segmented cluster-steering wheel. I really liked that feature as no other car had it and I think it helped improve ergonomics and visibility for the gauge/instrument cluster..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts