Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys, just wanted to do a proper introduction after joining the forum. My name is Brandon from AMS Performance. Been pretty active on all the Q50/Q60 Facebook pages and IG but heard a lot of positive feedback about this forum. If there is any kind of assistance I can offer, tech questions, help placing orders etc... please feel free to reach out! Happy to help.

Premium Member
Welcome - RA600 in 2020? 馃
out of the gate...lolol

By the way Brandon...know that after 24 hours you may not edit a post.

Other than that, yes, it is a decent forum.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
out of the gate...lolol

By the way Brandon...know that after 24 hours you may not edit a post.

Other than that, yes, it is a decent forum.
Haha I appreciate the ambition he has. We're getting to the point where people are running out of reliable ways to add more power on a stock engine...trying to find the best solution on Stage packages for engine builds. Definitely still hitting the platform hard.

And I'll keep that in mind if I need to do ninja edits

Registered
Will y'all ever have your own Catback to go along with your DP options? Something that sounds real good?....

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Registered
Welcome to the forum Brandon! Glad to have you here. (y)

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Will y'all ever have your own Catback to go along with your DP options? Something that sounds real good?....

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Most likely no. There are a lot of reputable companies out there that specialize in catback systems for the platform already. HKS and FI already make great CB exhaust systems that we are dealers for. Turns out making exhausts is not only time consuming but would also be very expensive unless you were a company that specializes specifically with that one type of part.

Registered
Welcome aboard Brandon, I'm sure people will be picking your brain for information on a frequent basis. ;)

Premium Member
My brain is ripe for the picking!
Brandon: Aside from all that power we are making and folks using either JB4 or getting a protune or just throwing all those bolt-ons at the car, we are truly missing one very essential piece: suspension.

We need a quality coilover. Not BC, not Tein.

KW, Ohlins, Bilstein.

This car needs a lot more spring and dampening and I just can't get it.

I am running my RSR coilovers at Front=full hard and Rear=4 clicks from full hard. The springs are 10K/5K, I believe.

I had to step down from 275/35/19 RE71R to Indy 500 of the same size because the suspension could not work with that amount of grip and it was just plain frustrating.

FWIW, I have an AWD. I know there is an HKS coilover for the RWD, but there is no AWD fitment. Not saying I want HKS either. I am ready to pay top dollar for KW, Ohlins, or Bilstein. If there is another good company out there with a quality coilover, I will go for it.

Can you guys push some of the bigger names to get something going for us?

While you are at it, the only antiswaybar upgrade is for the rear. We need both front and rear. Is there anything you guys can do or nudge or coerce?

In all honesty, we don't need 600 hp. It's great that you guys can do that, but my car with only a catback and some weight drop is quick enough and still under warranty.

As the old saying goes, "Please take my money!"

Registered
In all honesty, we don't need 600 hp. It's great that you guys can do that, but my car with only a catback and some weight drop is quick enough and still under warranty.
Whoa now, slow your roll. I am out of options to add more power (other than flex fuel, which I refuse to transition to), and I definitely feel the lack of power. (Don't get me wrong, this is fantastic point for a daily driver, and I debate a Q50 for a winter car built to where my Q60 is, but I need more from the Q60.)

I do agree with the suspension comments; I am on the awful stock components (other than rear anti-sway bar and adjustable endlinks) because the coilovers available on the market are not good enough.

While you are at it, the only antiswaybar upgrade is for the rear. We need both front and rear. Is there anything you guys can do or nudge or coerce?.
I quite like the stronger anti-sway bar in the rear--I feel it helps with the under-steer issues of this car, but I also prefer my cars with more over-steer. An option for the front on AWD would be a nice option for customization.

Premium Member
Whoa now, slow your roll. I am out of options to add more power (other than flex fuel, which I refuse to transition to), and I definitely feel the lack of power. (Don't get me wrong, this is fantastic point for a daily driver, and I debate a Q50 for a winter car built to where my Q60 is, but I need more from the Q60.)

I do agree with the suspension comments; I am on the awful stock components (other than rear anti-sway bar and adjustable endlinks) because the coilovers available on the market are not good enough.

I quite like the stronger anti-sway bar in the rear--I feel it helps with the under-steer issues of this car, but I also prefer my cars with more over-steer. An option for the front on AWD would be a nice option for customization.
Malmby, I also have an AWD.

I have no understeer nor oversteer through a long fast left or right. The car is pretty neutral right now with factory anti-sway bars. With TC off, it just drifts a bit on all fours. If anything, the car should have a bit more antiswaybar up front so I can dial in a bit more negative camber...just a hair. I am at -1.6 all around (for tire wear) and it was the same way at -1.8 and at -2.2.

Oh, Brandon...I forgot to mention that on this forum, threads get jacked a lot faster than other forums.

Registered
I'm local to Chicago and looking at a Stage 3.

Registered
Hi, and welcome to the board Brandon. I鈥檓 also local to AMS and have been a long time customer. The fact that AMS was making parts for the Q50 is one of the reasons I chose the car as my daily driver.

Anyway, I do have two questions for you on topics that have been somewhat covered in other threads, but since you鈥檙e here, I wanted to hear from the horses mouth.

1 - what are you seeing with respect to the transmission hardware capability and longevity on this platform? I鈥檓 assuming that you do nothing to the transmission for up to and including the RA500 package. Is that assumption correct? Have you seen any failures? At what point do you recommend making transmission / torque converter updates?

2 - how do your hardware and tune updates effect the launch characteristics of the car? My issue is that my car is a pooch out of the hole because of traction control. Trying to launch hard, the car first falls on its face for 1 to 2sec before the traction control finally releases the torque and the car takes off. Is this situation at all improved with your parts / packages?

For reference, I own a 2019 Q50 RS AWD.

Thanks in advance for any input.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts