Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been shopping around for a daily driver, something with some fuel economy, but with both sport performance and luxury. I have test driven the Mercedes C-class, Audi A-4, BMW3-series, Lexus IS-350 F-Sport and Q50S Hybrid.

For the price of Mercedes and BMW, you should have more performance and better reliability. The A4 is underpowered and the performance S version is too overpriced. It east drove the new IS350 F-Sport and the Q50S back to back. Both drive well and the suspension/handling is about the same. There is no leather seating available in the F-Sport and the performance is no better than the standard IS350 as the engine is the same. I was very disappointed and really can't understand how this car out shown the BMW in the automotive press. I can't understand either the recent magazine comparison between the Lexus IS F-Sport and the Q50S in which the Lexus was the winner without using the sportiest version of the Q50. Even the base Q50S outshines the performance of the new IS in my opinion.

I guess that I really fell in love with the ride, handling and performance of the Q50. I went to the local dealership which has the car that I would have ordered, a Q50S Hybrid in white with black interior with the Navigation and the deluxe technology package. I am a little hesitant about the quirky new touch screens and a first year model redesign, but the reliability and history of the previous model makes me think that this would be a minor inconvenience and easily resolved.

I placed a deposit on the white Q50 and the financing is being resolved, I should have my new Q50 by the weekend. I hope a made a wise choice!

Reactions: ssholloway

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
wow you own a CL550 and a SL550? the Q50 seems a bit of a downgrade from those vehicles.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I placed a deposit on the white Q50 and the financing is being resolved, I should have my new Q50 by the weekend. I hope a made a wise choice!
Indeed, you make a very wise choice.

wow you own a CL550 and a SL550? the Q50 seems a bit of a downgrade from those vehicles.
Every rich man does need an economy car. The Q50S Hybrid is the best bang for the buck. You got the power of a V8 for the price of the V6.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I think you made a nice choice but then again we're bias! :p

Post pics when you get your Q50! There are some issues with the intouch system but hopefully they will get resolved soon! :)

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
a rich man uses his expensive vehicles as his daily driver because he can afford it ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For a daily driver, not wanting to use the larger Mercedes or roadster, I equate the Q50S as a very good daily driver. Both are fun to drive, with the CL being much better as a long haul driver, IMHO. The cheaper Mercedes do not compete with the Q50S!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
a rich man uses his expensive vehicles as his daily driver because he can afford it ;)
True, but I also need a car that does not get as much attention as my other cars

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow...This guy must be totally loaded to think that a $55k Q50 is just a regular economy car that won't attract attention!!

This is an Infiniti Q50, not a Nissan Versa!
Yes, it is and I am a car enthusiast that appreciates fine cars and the Q50 is a fine car that is also economical with excellent gas mileage. I am very fortunate to afford fine automobiles. Attracting attention varies for different individuals.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Yes, it is and I am a car enthusiast that appreciates fine cars and the Q50 is a fine car that is also economical with excellent gas mileage. I am very fortunate to afford fine automobiles. Attracting attention varies for different individuals.
Oh c'mon, don't be modest. I'm not judging you or your tastes at all. That's not it.

I don't know why, but it seems like you got offended there. :eek:

That wasn't my intent, but clearly---your definition of what an economy car is, clearly, isn't the same for...anyone else. ;) I just can't get over that part. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I get to drive the Q50 sooner than I thought, will be picking up the car tomorrow evening, posting pictures soon!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Picked up my car this evening, drove home in a severe thunderstorm, the Q50 handled like a dream? Snapped a couple of pictures, but was very dark outside. More pictures to follow.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.