Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've already given this dealer a strong ringing endorsement but after today, my impression of them has risen to another level.

For those that don't know the story, I got my Q50 from Infiniti of Scottsdale a week and a half ago (because my local Infiniti of Tucson was being too difficult). I also mentioned that my sales consultant was probably the best I'd ever encountered (Illias Katsivalis).

I should have known after I got to his desk and I saw that it was littered with awards, trophies, and plaques that this guy knew his stuff. I received no pressure, he answered all of my questions honestly, gave me a really solid deal, and gave me none of that dealer hoopla. When it was all settled and done, he helped me set up all of my Infiniti personal accounts, set up my audio and Bluetooth connections, and gave me quite a thorough hands-on tutorial inside the car and took care of me in ways that I know for a fact that my local dealer would not have.

I know not all car salesmen take their jobs as seriously as that but he definitely represents the model for how it should be. I'd been told that there have been shoppers that have gone hundreds of miles out of their way to come to Infiniti of Scottsdale and now I know why. Especially if the rest of their team treats their customers like Illias did.

Today however, was icing on the cake! I got a knock on the door a few minutes ago and a big box in the hand of a FedEx driver. I'm like, "WTF did I order this time?" :rolleyes:

I brought it inside and I looked at the box and I got my first clue:

WTF? A secret admirer perhaps?

Well, not quite..

Awwww, so cute! A plant buddy! "But who sent it??"

That's right, Infiniti of Scottsdale.

Now here's an Infiniti dealer that cares not only about their own image but also their customers as well. I don't know if other dealers have done this kind of thing before and I certainly never received anything like this from Infiniti of Tucson.

Again, Illias Katsivalis was the guy that I worked with and if you're ever in that area, you should really seek this guy out. He truly knows his stuff and unlike so many salesmen I've dealt with in the past, he actually knows the cars that he sells and knows more about them that even the more knowledgeable consumer might.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Nice touch. Ordinarily, someone in the immediate family has to die, to receive something like that.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Would have been cooler if this was in the box:

:p:p:p

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts

LOL. I've had a client offer me a big baggie of that as a "tip" recently.

SimpsonTide, that's why he gets those awards. He earns all 10's on his surveys and makes his customers happy. It is nice to see customers who appreciate the good service.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
When we were in the middle of summer, waiting for our cars, we had some threads discussing various experiences with dealers. I said that I had had more good experiences than bad. It's a shame that there are still dealerships out there(and personnel) that still don't get it, especially the idea that one happy customer will bring in many more. It's great reading something like that. Cheers!

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
LOL. I've had a client offer me a big baggie of that as a "tip" recently.

SimpsonTide, that's why he gets those awards. He earns all 10's on his surveys and makes his customers happy. It is nice to see customers who appreciate the good service.
Haha! That's so weird! What exactly is the thought process involved in giving your dealer some weed as a tip?

Do u give them one of these looks?

:D

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Wow that's pretty cool.

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
That was real nice of them, congrats on your new Q50!

·
Registered
137 Posts
In 2012 when I leased my wife's G sedan from Scottsdale I received the same plant. Still sitting on my credenza at work. With the two previous cars I leased from them they gave $100 gas cards, I liked those better.

From the dealer where I leased my Q two weeks ago I got a call from the F&I guy. "We miscalculated the MSDs you paid, we were supposed to round up to the nearest $50. You need to come in and give us another $135." Almost the same as a free plant. :D

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
We did that on one. I called and told him we had screwed up but we covered the difference out of our pockets.

Haha! That's so weird! What exactly is the thought process involved in giving your dealer some weed as a tip?

Do u give them one of these looks?

:D
No, but I did comment on the "420" he had tattooed on his knuckles and may have hinted that at one point I may have inhaled. On a related note, I have a friend who gives out cookies as a thank you to his friends when they help him out with something. You probably wouldn't want to eat one of those cookies at work. :eek:

Reactions: gbert15

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I did it in reverse. The dealership and management was so great, I took THEM my favorite cake: A sour cream chocolate cake, with Kahlua mocha mint icing, and a raspberry filling. They deserved it.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
We did that on one. I called and told him we had screwed up but we covered the difference out of our pockets.

No, but I did comment on the "420" he had tattooed on his knuckles and may have hinted that at one point I may have inhaled. On a related note, I have a friend who gives out cookies as a thank you to his friends when they help him out with something. You probably wouldn't want to eat one of those cookies at work. :eek:
Hahaha! You should hook up your customers with that then! :p

·
Registered
1,133 Posts

i guess thats the trick to negotiating a good deal if i ever wanted to buy a used car ;)

·
Registered
137 Posts
I went ahead and paid the extra $135 yesterday. But at the same time I had them change the lease from 10k to 12k. Ever since I signed the deal I had second thoughts about going with 10k. They also changed the lease date from 11/5 to 11/21 so I essentially received two weeks free rent.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.