Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my car for almost a month now and have experienced a few lock ups but not many. When I do get it, I noticed that its when I start driving (forward or backing up) right away. If I let the Intouch app start to boot and wait past the initial "Infiniti" splash screen (but the apps are still loading), then I don't have any issues with it at all. I also don't touch anything on the screen (like Nav), but I do use the hard buttons (like the seat warmer or changing the climate controls with the buttons) during this phase.

Just curious if the people that experience frequent lock ups start to drive right away without waiting for the splash screen to clear.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
The last lock-up I had was after driving about five hours. I only had a CD playing, and the nav froze(though I was not using it), and the audio wouldn't show the change in track of the CD, though the tracks kept advancing, normally. Since I had the update, I've travelled more than 700 miles, mostly playing music off my iPod, and have not had another lock-up.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
It's not a bad theory. Others had proposed the same thing before we had the update. What you recommend does seem to make things more stable, but as selzini says, it isn't foolproof.

The system is dramatically more stable post-upgrade. And I assume we'll get even better stability after the upgrade that's due in the next month or so.

Reactions: eldithomaso

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just had the update Thursday, and last night I already had the system freeze on me. After shutting down and starting the car up again, the steering wheel volume control still didn't work. Sometimes I need to leave it shut down for a few minutes to reset completely.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
I just had the update Thursday, and last night I already had the system freeze on me. After shutting down and starting the car up again, the steering wheel volume control still didn't work. Sometimes I need to leave it shut down for a few minutes to reset completely.
I had the same problem after the update. Did you do a soft reset? While the car is running, hold down the volume button for ~30 seconds until the InTouch screen reboots. I have not had the problem repeat itself after I forced the reboot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.