Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Welcome..."Mindcrime".. :p

Shoulda been in here--- Electronics, Audio, and Lighting - 2014 Infiniti Q50 Forum

But anyway, to answer your question--from all of the articles I've read and everything I've heard and seen on Infiniti's website, I have not seen anything that specifically mentions streaming music via Bluetooth. It's possible that it's there and we haven't heard anything or that it's not there at all.

With all of the other syncing and Bluetooth technology that the Q50 seems to have, I would assume it would be easy enough to add in the Bluetooth streaming music function in somewhere.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Welcome to the boards ! Tons of useful info on here ... See ya round ...

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
I hope so! I usually stream my music thru my phone but usb/sd card support is fine as well!

Reactions: SimpsonTide985

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
There is no way this car won't have A2DP for Bluetooth audio streaming the current G's have this avail ...

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Yes, any Q50 with Navigation will have streaming music. But I think that any with Premium will have it too. But you guys are right, I don't see it specifically mentioned in any of the literature.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the welcome and the answers!

The fact that it's not mentioned anywhere has me a bit worried but hopefully it's a non-issue. I have a 2005 G35x and that has no BT support whatsoever, so I'm looking forward to this more than most :)

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Thanks for the welcome and the answers!

The fact that it's not mentioned anywhere has me a bit worried but hopefully it's a non-issue. I have a 2005 G35x and that has no BT support whatsoever, so I'm looking forward to this more than most :)
I feel your pain bro, '04 sedan owner here. Although, the premium package mine got with Bose (and the hilariously antiquated tape deck) sounds awesome with an ipod plugged in via a tape adapter. I'm looking forward to streaming stuff wirelessly from my new HTC One to the new 14 speaker system. :D

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In case anyone else was curious, I found the answer in the recently released manual:

This system supports the Bluetooth ® Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) and Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP).

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
2 USB ports in the console. No mention of A2DP support at the release event last night and I didn't ask. With the upcoming IOS release this fall I figure my iPhone will be tethered to USB in the console to get maximum functionality.

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
2 USB ports in the console. No mention of A2DP support at the release event last night and I didn't ask. With the upcoming IOS release this fall I figure my iPhone will be tethered to USB in the console to get maximum functionality.
At the release event I attended last night I was told that Apple will not release the codes that will allow iPhone to stream by way of bluetooth and until they do, which is not expected they will have to be connected by USB.

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
At the release event I attended last night I was told that Apple will not release the codes that will allow iPhone to stream by way of bluetooth and until they do, which is not expected they will have to be connected by USB.
Hmmm, I can do that now in my G. Are you saying they removed that feature in the Q?

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Hmmm, I can do that now in my G. Are you saying they removed that feature in the Q?
I don't know what was removed. I asked if you would be able to use an iPhone without the USB, and was told no, because Apple would not release the codes for that to happen, but Android could be used without USB.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
That's for data sharing. Not music streaming. You can stream music via Bluetooth. But data sharing for the Infiniti Apps on iPhone will be by USB, while Andorid can be USB or Bluetooth streaming.

My guess anyways.

Edit: confirmed. Check page 6-2 of the Infiniti InTouch Owner Manual. Android phones connect to the system via Bluetooth, while iPhone connects through USB.

And MindcrimeDan, sorry, looks like they don't have support for Windows phone. At least according to the manual. May be a later update will bring support.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.