Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

ABS, Chassis Control and AWD errors

54K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Onore 
#1 ·
I am new to this forum. My Q50 has generated ABS, Chassis Control System and AWD system errors on 3 different days, each time well after start up and while driving on the highway. The first time, the warnings went away with no action. The second time I took it to the dealer. The dealer said a bad connector was at fault and replaced it. When it happened a third time, I took it back to the dealer. On the way, the engine surged and I looked down to see the speedometer jump from 70 down to 40 and back up. I was told the car needs a new sensor so I left it there overnight. They called me back the next afternoon to tell me the part is on back order until Jan 14th and to come get the car. I am concerned about safety, since the owners manual says not to drive it with that condition. So, after getting the husband involved, I am now driving a loaner while my brand new, beautiful, pricey car sits in the dealers parking lot. At this point, I couldn't be more frustrated with the car and the dealership.

#4 ·
Update: my husband spoke with the GM of the dealership. He said ALL the cars in his inventory have a bad sensor which needs replacement. I won't be able to drive the car until 1/16 at the earliest. I can't believe I'm the only person with this issue.

Is this car safe to drive or not?
Do I have any recourse?
At this point, I don't want the f'ing thing. Ugh.

#5 ·
I have been without my car for past 4-5 weeks

I received the same slew of errors. I took it to the dealer and they gave me a loaner. I have been told the sensors are on back-order, and have yet to hear when my car is going to be ready. I was told its a national back-order and the part is going to be coming direct. The issues have been escalated and engineers are now involved due to all the technology issues which have effect on mechanical parts.

Its frustrating to not be driving my car, but I am not interested in driving a potential faulty car. Nor am I interested in picking up the car until it is ready to be driven. In the meantime I am driving the dealer's car through the snow and cold weather which isn't terrible. I am also on a lease and its nice that the mileage isn't going against it.

I was told there have been multiple problems that have come about with the extreme cold weather. I think its a little scary that they didn't put a disclaimer to only buy the car in warm climates.

Keep in mind Japan usually shuts down for a full 2-weeks around the end of the year which is causing the delay as well.

#6 ·
Wow - I thought it was bad enough with my steering issue, now I see the issues others are having as well. I don't understand why the dealers are in a hurry to put us back into our potentially hazardous cars. I'm in a mini-battle with mine currently who is trying to force me to take it back even though corporate has advised me not to drive the car until they complete their investigation. Since these dealers are agents for Infiniti it would be nice to see corporate start putting them in line and make them realize that putting us back in unsafe cars is not an option. Although the service manager flipflopped on me yesterday, going from "your car is safe" to "I can see why you don't feel safe driving it - I wouldn't either" in two separate phone calls... :-/

#10 · (Edited)
Flipin' and Floppin'

The first call was BEFORE Infiniti consumer affairs talked to him. The second call was AFTER. I suspect someone from Infiniti spoke with him and explained that putting a customer back into a vehicle that was misbehaving isn't in anyone's best interests.

With all the complaints filed at NHTSA about the steering issue Infiniti is not likely to dodge the investigation bullet. They're probably not going to want to get any more customers aggravated enough to file complaints about other areas of the vehicle with NHTSA. That will just cause and even deeper investigation.

#7 ·
Left the car in the dealers lot on 12/26 and got it back with the new sensor yesterday 1/17. I had been driving their loaner all this time. The car had 30 miles more on the odometer than when I dropped it off. That seems excessive for a test drive. I'll be discussing that with the customer service rep. The service manager said he had 3 cars with the same issue. Hopefully, I'm over the hump now but if it goes back in for service I'll be looking to rid myself of this hassle for good.

#8 ·
^ you are practically at lemon law in NY.... 30 days in the shop in the first 12 months/12,000 miles... you gets a new car!

#11 ·
My car is currently at the dealership for the exact same problem. The advisor told me they've ordered the necessary parts and he's not sure when they'll receive them. So until then, I'm stuck in a POS base model G37 with 35k miles on it. Nothing like paying for a brand new fully loaded Q50S, and ending up with a 2 yr old G37 base model. This is the 3rd time I've had to bring my car in for technical issues and I've only owned the car for 5 months.

#13 ·
My car's been in the shop since 1/17 (seems like every part they need is on back order) some parts suppose to arrive next week and others 2/18 from Japan. I wish I had written the number of miles down.. I have a rough idea but I forgot to write it down and they never gave me a service order document w/ the number of miles, etc..

Reactions: jlw
#14 ·
I've had no issues with the car since the replacement sensor was installed. The dealer initiated a complaint with Infiniti Consumer Affairs on my behalf, and they compensated me for my inconvenience. I'm satisfied with the end result, it just took a while to get there.

#15 ·
Q50 Issues

I also got the warning for ABS, Chassis Control and AWD errors and a stop engine light. The manual and car told me stop driving. I had the car towed back to the dealership where I purchased my car. The dealer told me that they changed quite a few ABS related problems including an update. The car was in the shop for 6 days. The service that they performed did seem to solve those problems. I have had the car for two months and it has been in the shop four times. My other issues include SD Card, reader and navigation has been replaced. When I pick my car up well what do you know the new reader was not working properly. I guess I will be back at the shop for the 5th time. Don't you love this car! This is my third infiniti. I previously owned two G37 but right now I am disappointed with this new model.

#16 ·
This is really sad. I had the exact same thing happen to me this morning with my Q50S. The dashboard lit up like Christmas tree with ABS errors, AWD errors, Chassis Control error and some other stuff.

I'm starting to get really sick of this now. I bought a new car to get away from problems like this and now I'm back to square one when I first bought the car and had to deal with those issues.

I just want to be able to get into my car and drive without worrying about a malfunction.

#17 ·
Dreaded chassis control system error crops up again

Same thing happened to me with my 2014 Q50. Temps here dropped to -28C and after a short stop at a store, the dreaded "chassis control system error" popped up. That was then followed by the DAS error, sensor malfunctions, and the Active Trace failure warnings. Managed to get the car home. Duplicated the problem several times over the evening. Towed to dealership the next day. Seems that this is a similar problem to one that showed up last winter and for which a fix was found but the previous fix does not work this time. The engineers apparently are stumped. Something to do with cold weather and its affect on the sensors and/or computer system. No fix available. The cold weather trigger seems so similar though. The present solution by Infiniti is to put the car into the dealership back lot until a solution can be found (or the weather warms up). Anyone else have this problem? Frustrating ...

Anyone have a solution?

#18 ·
Infiniti issued a recall to replace the modules. Did you ever get this recall done? If not that's why you are having this issue. A software update alone doesn't fix the issue.

#20 · (Edited)
I'm surprised I'm not the only one with Q50 problems. Today I received the AWD, DPS, ABS, and finally the WTF error. I live in NJ and it has been down in the teens temperature wise. I called the dealership and they said they have no loaner cars available. I didn't even think that was possible. I guess they are all out to customers who have the same issues lol. I might try another stealership to have it serviced.

I also had the "AWD is overheating" error message when I started the car, even though it was 34 degrees out. My speedometer was bouncing between 0 and 20mph while this was happening.

What are the modules called that need to be replaced?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.