Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there -

I have a '14 Q50 Premium (black exterior/black interior I know worst combination) and I've been having a recent issue with my AC or at least I think they're issues or maybe the AC in our cars suck.

The general situation is that when it gets above >75F outside my AC doesn't seem to be blowing out cold air. It blows out cool air; same as if you were running a regular fan inside a house when it's hot outside. You feel the wind but its not cold by any means. So whenever the temperatures rise above 75F it feels like my AC struggles to blow out cold air. I will say that it does eventually blow out cold air but that only happens after like 20 minutes of constant driving. If it's above 90 minutes, it takes even longer for the air blowing out of the AC to get cold. So there's a correlation between the outside temperature and the temperature of the air blowing out of my AC

I've tried turning the AC on and off. I've tried from cycling the circulation from inside to outside. I'm going to take it into a mechanic as soon as I have the time but does anyone have any ideas what might be a possible issue? Or is this just typical for the Q50 cars?

·
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
7,323 Posts
When was the last time you checked the refrigerant pressure in the A/C system? Sounds like you've lost some refrigerant. You can buy refrigerant recharging cans but if you have a leak, it won't last long. If you trying recharging your system, and it loses cooling capacity over time afterwards, you'll need to take the car in and have them inject dye to see where the leak in your system is. Can you hear your A/C compressor kicking in when you turn on the A/C? Make sure your compressor is functioning. Could be a blend door problem also.

To answer your last question, no it's not typical for your car's A/C to do that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Avedis. I figured this wasn't normal - even for a black interior and exterior. I do hear the A/C compressor kick in when I turn the AC on so it does sound like it might be a refrigerant issue. I'll take it in for service and see what they say. I don't believe it to be a blend door problem. The air on all vents are the same temperature and it doesn't vary. It does eventually get cold but that's most likely because it has to run for 30+ minutes before it does

1 - 4 of 4 Posts