Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I have q50 2014 2.0t
has anyone faced a problem where the AC is working and it is blowing warm to hot air only.

The only problem that im facing is no cold air coming out from ac vent at all times.

It was a sudden problem that my AC stopped cooling when I was driving. Till now i can not fix or locate the problem.

The service dealer suspect the DCU is affecting the cooling system?

i can increase the temperature and the air coming out will be hot.
I have checked the AC compressor and it is working properly, checked the refrigerant pressure is ok.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Hi, I have q50 2014 2.0t
has anyone faced a problem where the AC is working and it is blowing air normally.
The only problem there is no cooling coming out from ac vent at all times. It was a sudden problem that my AC stopped cooling when I was driving. Till now i can not fix the problem.
i can increase the temperature and the air coming out will be hot.
I have checked the AC compressor and it is working properly, checked the gas pressure and it is ok.

Thanks for the help
Is it warm on the driver's side only?

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,333 Posts
No it is on both sides
Scanning the car with an OBDII scanner might turn up a DTC that could help diagnose the problem.

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
4,275 Posts
I was gonna guess you took a rock to the condenser and lost all the refrigerant, but I don't think the compressor will run in that case as a fail-safe.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,333 Posts
The OP said the A/C compressor is working properly and the refrigerant charge is satisfactory so a leak evidently isn't the problem.

The SM says for no cool air coming out of either side, check the following:

Magnetic clutch in A/C compressor is pulling in when the A/C switch is turned on.
The drive belt is not slipping.
Refrigerant pressure.
Check the ECV circuit. (voltage to compressor, open circuit between the A/C Auto Amp and the A/C compressor)

So if all of those are ok, then the recommendation is to replace the A/C Auto Amp.

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
4,275 Posts
The OP said the A/C compressor is working properly and the refrigerant charge is satisfactory so a leak evidently isn't the problem.
Read original post before coffee.

·
Registered
2016 Hybrid 3.5 SportTech RWD
932 Posts
Check the coolant (refrigerant) of the AC and fill it up if necessary...

Reactions: Duriisimo

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

The SM says for no cool air coming out of either side, check the following:

Magnetic clutch in A/C compressor is pulling in when the A/C switch is turned on.
The drive belt is not slipping.
Refrigerant pressure.
Check the ECV circuit. (voltage to compressor, open circuit between the A/C Auto Amp and the A/C compressor)

So if all of those are ok, then the recommendation is to replace the A/C Auto Amp.
Thanks ill check these

·
Premium Member
Infiniti Q50 '17 Redsport, Dynamic Sunstone. Trunk Strong Arm struts. Red
172 Posts
Check the simple stuff first, it's the hot/cold blend door actuator. This fix works every time. Relatively easy to change too.

·
Registered
2016 Hybrid 3.5 SportTech RWD
932 Posts

·
Premium Member
Infiniti Q50 '17 Redsport, Dynamic Sunstone. Trunk Strong Arm struts. Red
172 Posts
Garanteed its the hot/cold blend door actuator. They always fail to the hot side. Lots of documented failures on this.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
To update, the dealership suspects the A/C compressor, expansion valve and they have to change the water tank

Please where is the extension valve located?

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,333 Posts
To update, the dealership suspects the A/C compressor, expansion valve and they have to change the water tank

Please where is the extension valve located?
The expansion valve (#11) is mounted on the evaporator (#15) which is located inside of the heater and cooling unit assembly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
To update my situation, I have changed the AC compressor with a used one. Now my AC is cooling but I have one problem

The problem is when the car idle, the clutch of the AC compressor stops rotating and the RPM of the car keeps going down and up. Which means no cooling when idling.

Can you please help me in

1 - 18 of 18 Posts