Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I have a 2015 3.7 RWD Q50, today I was driving and as I pushed on the gas the cars rpms would rise but it felt like I wasn't pressing the gas at all. I even tried to floor it and there was little rise in speed. I shut it off for a couple minutes and started driving again and it was perfectly fine. Should I be worried right now? Any explanations on this?

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,230 Posts
Limp mode for some reason? Restart exited limp mode maybe? A scan tool may pick up the history of any code faults. Not real sure if a cheep hand scanner can check for those, but if it does it again and PepBoys, or the like, can read it for free I'd be tempted to stop by the dealer to check it.

Reactions: BigHeadClan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm still under warranty so I think I may just bring it in. I reset the ECU yesterday and it felt great. I'm just taking it day to day right now.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
You should have checked the faults before resetting it.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I'm still under warranty so I think I may just bring it in. I reset the ECU yesterday and it felt great. I'm just taking it day to day right now.
I'm not an expert by any means but I had my car in recently and they did an ECM update. The car is holding revs all the way to 7500 when I floor it. And it feels way more responsive overall.

Is ECM ECU the same thing? They referred to it as ECM at the dealer.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
ECU/ECM are used interchangeably.

·
Registered
31 Posts
did you ever figure anything out about this? my car just did this to me yesterday. 2015 Q50S AWD. It was running perfectly in sport mode, then all the sudden i went to get onto the highway and tried to accelerate quickly and it was floored and was like barely doing anything....

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
9,843 Posts
did you ever figure anything out about this? my car just did this to me yesterday. 2015 Q50S AWD. It was running perfectly in sport mode, then all the sudden i went to get onto the highway and tried to accelerate quickly and it was floored and was like barely doing anything....
Did you check for DTCs after your car went into fail-safe mode before turning off the ignition? Did the fail-safe mode go away when you started and drove the car again?

·
Registered
31 Posts
i have a scangage hooked up and ran it for codes before shutting off the car. It had zero codes. no engine lights came on either. It seemed fine after sitting off and re-starting it for the next drive.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
9,843 Posts
Is that the first time your car went into fail-safe mode?

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
9,843 Posts
Fail-safe modes can be caused by scores of different DTCs and if temporary, will clear and things will go back to normal. If it happens again, plug your OBDII scan tool in immediately without shutting off the engine. Don't wait to get home first.

You're not seeing any other warning lights or messages?

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about it unless it comes back, I do know that sometimes the car can go into limp mode
without throwing any errors or codes.

Had that happen to me when bleeding my brakes, broke a clip on the back of the brake pedal and it put my car in limp mode.

·
Registered
2004 G35, 2019 Nissan NV200
49 Posts
Sometimes debri can get past your air filter(s) and for a moment the maf will be confused but will clear up a moment later and bam everything is back to normal. Unless this issue is recurring or a code is stored, I wouldnt worry too much about it. And I always discourage erasing any codes before a technician has a chance to look at it. Because if you take it to a dealership after the code is erased then they have nothing to go off of and must drive it around to try and duplicate the issue before they can even start the diag process. So if it cant be duplicated then you pretty much hurt yourself by erasing that code.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Fail-safe modes can be caused by scores of different DTCs and if temporary, will clear and things will go back to normal. If it happens again, plug your OBDII scan tool in immediately without shutting off the engine. Don't wait to get home first.

You're not seeing any other warning lights or messages?
No nothing came up on the dash. and I did run a scan on the obdII with my scangage on the same drive cycle after I finally reached my destination before shutting off the car. ( just to check). Nothing
Sometimes debri can get past your air filter(s) and for a moment the maf will be confused but will clear up a moment later and bam everything is back to normal. Unless this issue is recurring or a code is stored, I wouldnt worry too much about it. And I always discourage erasing any codes before a technician has a chance to look at it. Because if you take it to a dealership after the code is erased then they have nothing to go off of and must drive it around to try and duplicate the issue before they can even start the diag process. So if it cant be duplicated then you pretty much hurt yourself by erasing that code.
This actually may have been my issue. I had just changed the front right fog lamp and had to remove the front bumper and upper radiator shroud to do so. When the shroud was removed you could see the intake filters, so that may have stirred up some debris.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got this bullshit happening about once a summer and once in a winter. No codes. Dealer can't recreate the problem, I usually stop the car plug in obd, hit clear all codes (even none are showing) then restart the car and all good. Really fken annoying actually.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any updates on this? I had this happen to me today. I own a 2017 3.0t. I thought it might be due to hot weather here in Phoenix, AZ as it was 117 today. I went to accelerate and I had to floor it to get up to speed. It felt weak, as if I was cruising up to speed when I was actually flooring it. No codes or any check engine lights, but I am going to have it checked with a scan tool.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wrote an email to Infiniti's corporate office explaining the issue, they created a file and will contact me soon hopefully with some useful info.

My car did this on a very hot day as well and in a winter just a few minutes after a car wash.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I wrote an email to Infiniti's corporate office explaining the issue, they created a file and will contact me soon hopefully with some useful info.

My car did this on a very hot day as well and in a winter just a few minutes after a car wash.
Thank you brotha! Eager to find out what they will say🙏🏼👌🏼

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you brotha! Eager to find out what they will say🙏🏼👌🏼
You will never hear a thing.
Our q50 was a CPO - has done it intermittently for over two years. Maybe about once every couple of weeks - always run premium gas. ECU has been updated and it still happens. Kind of like my computer. Everyso-often have to pull over, shut it off, and restart it. Drives fine then. Shouldnt have to deal with the problem for an almost new car.
I'm hesitant to let the service techs mess with the car - likely screw something else up.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts