Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what a standard acquisition fee is with Infiniti Financing Service?

I just had a dealer quote me an acquisition fee of $700 and license fee of $198.50

·
Registered
181 Posts
Does anyone know what a standard acquisition fee is with Infiniti Financing Service?

I just had a dealer quote me an acquisition fee of $700 and license fee of $198.50
My dealer also added a fee of CAD799 but they are calling is the security fee which is basically installed in the car to track it in case of theft.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Acquisition Fee

The term, acquisition fee, as it relates to car leasing, refers to an administrative fee that is included in all leases. It is sometimes called a "bank fee" or "assignment fee." The fee is sometimes not disclosed in a lease contract.
An acquisition fee is charged by lease companies, not dealers. Dealers typically do not make a profit on this fee, although some lease companies may "kick back" part of the fee to dealers as a reward for sending them business.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Is the fee typically added into the capitalized cost on the lease?
Depends on the customer. You know when you see that add for a $499/mo lease with $4200 down, and it says "plus fees" - add them to the "down".

You can capitalize them, and you can also capitalize the registration and taxes. It doesn't make sense to me to do that, but you can do almost anything you want. Less money up front = higher monthly payment.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Acquisition fee for all Infiniti Leases is the same: $700

It's called a "bank fee" because it's what the bank (Infiniti Financial Services) charges customers for basically purchasing the car on your behalf, and then allowing you to drive their car in exchange for lease payments.

Think of it like this:
"You want me to buy you a car just to let you drive it? Sure, $700 plus interest."

Want more expertise like this? Contact me, message my profile.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.