Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I agree that it will impact pad wear, but we constantly see statements that suggest ATC will eat up the pads very quickly. I'm trying to get people to look past these exaggerations as if they are fact because there hasn't been any data to support those claims.
My original pads did need replacing at about 25K miles. The current set just passed 30K and are still very good. I suspect the Infiniti service replacements may be a bit thicker or are a longer lasting material than the originals.

Reactions: q50adix

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Thanks for following up. Unfortunately, this is often the case and is the reason why there isn't any data to support claims of excessive brake wear or how much extra brake wear can be attributed to ATC.
I was one of them until I had the chance to examine my rear pads. I've b*tched more than enough whenever ATC kicked in yet the wear wasn't enough for me to conclude ATC had caused much of it.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,931 Posts
I agree that it will impact pad wear, but we constantly see statements that suggest ATC will eat up the pads very quickly. I'm trying to get people to look past these exaggerations as if they are fact because there hasn't been any data to support those claims.
Good point. On the track I leave it ON.

·
Registered
14 Q50S dlx touring + tech
18 Posts
I had ATC enabled and my rear pads lasted into the upper 30k mile range. I just put new pads on and kept on going.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts