Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The TLX is basically what the 4G should have been: A more dazzling and fixed up version of the 3G.

I feel that this car is a few years too late for Acura, but it could still be a hit.

Acura really need a big 37,000-50,000 sedan segment seller. Their RDX and MDX are both priced at 37,000+ and 49,000+, both still move a lot of units. The Acura Brand is very weakened compared to the past, but is still overall solid. If the Brand have truly gone to ****, nobody will pay 50k for an Acura SUV.

Acura doesn't have a competitive 5/7 Series car, so the 37-50k and SUV market segments are very important to them.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Wow i really like that, taillights kind of remind me of the Civic though

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Too bad they dropped the wagon.
You mean the TSX wagon I suppose. Well, that was a bit smaller and 4-cylinder-only. The TL never got a wagon. If it did, I may possibly be all over it. Sort of a FWD, Japanese E-class wagon, or the new Mazda6 wagon that we never got stateside. Yessir, I would be lovin' that!

Infiniti, y u no Q50 wagon? Let your partner Daimler show you how:

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
is it going to be manufactured in the US?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Wouldn't be caught dead in a current Acura product. Unless, of course, they make a hearse. I mean, there actually are good looking cars for the money.

Perhaps I'm being too harsh on the wallflower? Nah!

Let me tell you why I'm unnecessarily bitter toward Acura. I owned one. It was a great and gorgeous car. When I was ready to buy another... well, you know, they completely uglified it. My fav car, and they UGLIFIED it! I'll never forgive them until they abandon their current "style" and publicly apologize for their idiocy. I'm surprised that they haven't committed harikari or Hare Krishna, even.

Reactions: afrosheen

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
I understand all the bitterness toward what they did with the outgoing, 4th-gen TL after the beautiful 3rd-gen (which my friend still has, approaching 200k miles, and swears he'll never get rid of it:)). But one has to admit that this new design is about as gorgeous as the car from two generations ago. Not to mention that the uglified 4th gen maintained the car's excellent reliability record- something even Infiniti struggles with now regarding the Q50- and was a big improvement in interior quality (3rd-gen's interior rattled a bit and the aluminum was prone to dents). People who own the 4th and have gotten over its ugly-front/huge-overhang looks say that it's a great car underneath.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I understand all the bitterness toward what they did with the outgoing, 4th-gen TL after the beautiful 3rd-gen (which my friend still has, approaching 200k miles, and swears he'll never get rid of it:)). But one has to admit that this new design is about as gorgeous as the car from two generations ago. Not to mention that the uglified 4th gen maintained the car's excellent reliability record- something even Infiniti struggles with now regarding the Q50- and was a big improvement in interior quality (3rd-gen's interior rattled a bit and the aluminum was prone to dents). People who own the 4th and have gotten over its ugly-front/huge-overhang looks say that it's a great car underneath.
Ya I think this car will be a hit. People have to take online comments with a grain of salt. Sales numbers is the most important thing. Most of the people talking trash and voicing opinions on 'Youtube' and various other places are not the people who will shell out 37k-48k on a car within the next year anyways. It's laughable sometimes reading fanboy comments trashing a Q50 from a 16 year old who is dreaming about his BMW. When the most likely first car for him is going to be his Dad's pass me down.
A lot of these Lexus/Infiniti/BMW fan boys are now bashing the Acura TLX as well. I find it pretty offensive when anyone trash talk any car over 35,000. As if that's money they can look down upon and casually brush aside.
I think the new TLX will get a lot of 3G lovers and owners into their Acura Dealers. The most important thing is of course price.
If the TLX will need you to shell out 44,000(after tax and fees).. I don't know if it's going to be a hit. But if the TLX delivers a premium package at 40,000(after tax and fees). I think it will steal a lot of potential customers from the other Luxury Brands.

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
^ Exactly. Bashing a car, in particular a nice one, is so childish. I always say, yeah, the 4G TL is a bit ugly (only the front end), but it's a great car under the skin. The new IS is unorthodox in style and has a borderline cheap interior, but again, it's a great car. And you're right, most of the internet tough guys are adolescents who couldn't even afford a CPO Civic.:D:eek:

Bashing a brand is a bit different, when they objectively lack identity, are inconsistent, and have poor marketing. Most will agree that Acura and Infiniti spent the past decade having little clue what they are doing. Infiniti is showing signs with cars like the Q50 and its ER brother, and at least Acura has a sweet-looking new TL in the pipeline.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
I think the rims look sick. Hopefully this and the NSX are Acura's way of saying they are ready to get on board with being a tier 1 brand themselves. I think Acura has seriously potential as a luxury brand because of their open-mindedness to unconventional power trains like in the NSX and their very long history of quality and reliability. They just need to get a real flagship and quit screwing around with making luxury versions of Civics. Obviously Infiniti is lacking in the S/7/A8 tier themselves, but the Q70 is a solid 5/E fighter and has won comparisons against both in the past.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Ya I think this car will be a hit. People have to take online comments with a grain of salt. Sales numbers is the most important thing. Most of the people talking trash and voicing opinions on 'Youtube' and various other places are not the people who will shell out 37k-48k on a car within the next year anyways. It's laughable sometimes reading fanboy comments trashing a Q50 from a 16 year old who is dreaming about his BMW. When the most likely first car for him is going to be his Dad's pass me down.
A lot of these Lexus/Infiniti/BMW fan boys are now bashing the Acura TLX as well. I find it pretty offensive when anyone trash talk any car over 35,000. As if that's money they can look down upon and casually brush aside.
I think the new TLX will get a lot of 3G lovers and owners into their Acura Dealers. The most important thing is of course price.
If the TLX will need you to shell out 44,000(after tax and fees).. I don't know if it's going to be a hit. But if the TLX delivers a premium package at 40,000(after tax and fees). I think it will steal a lot of potential customers from the other Luxury Brands.
I don't understand people's need to trash talk these cars either. I respect all of these companies even if they don't make what I'm specifically looking for in a car. I see Acura as a good brand that can be even better and compete in new categories rather than a crummy brand that needs to just get up to par.

I don't know, something about cars just seems to bring trash talkers and trolls out of the wood work. It's probably why you get so many a**holes in these forums who are here just as much to put people down for their ideas, right or wrong, on something as they are to talk about cars. It has to be because they're not having enough sex or are no longer capable of it. What other explanation is there for their irritability?

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Agreed. But for base model rims they're really not that bad. They're really just not that great either.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Like others have already stated, the pics posted are photoshopped. And as others stated, there won't be tailpipes (at least initially) - they're photoshopped in the pics, and the rims in the original pics are photoshopped as well. The other thing from what I've read is that the car shown is for foreign markets and not a US model.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.