Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
3,487 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
3,387 Posts
Color of the rims or color of the car?

Is it just me or is there no valve stem?
The car. I'm open to most wheel colors in the grayscale except for black.

I don't see a valve stem either. Photoshopped out?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ah offical photos thanks for that Dr J.

That weird body line and door handle placement is going into the production version I suppose, it will be interesting to see how the TLX does though and
how she is priced. As for performance I think it will be on part with the current Q50 even the red sport, it's down on power on paper but the 10speed
it has will be a fair bit quicker to shift and likely have a Launch control program.

That is of course assuming the base version that makes 270hp/280tq has AWD, if not than the 0-60 time in particular is going to suffer a fair bit.
My faviorate cars in this class in terms of looks would be the Q50 and the Alfa QF, easily best looking cars under 70K IMO.
No problem! I have been keeping my eye on the TLX Type S since I was car hunting. It was actually on my list of cars to buy (since I used to own an Acura TSX) but I couldn't wait any longer, which why I got a good deal on an Infiniti Q50.

Rumors on the forums and such suggest it'll be price within the 40K range for both regular and Type S. It will definitely undercut the Q50 and IS for sure, like it always has. I think the price for performance will be good.
Its confirmed. The regular TLX A-Spec and Non-A-spec will make 270HP and 280TQ, similar to the RDX motor.

You are right though. Depending on the tune, how the gear the 10spd and how good the 10spd is, it'll determine if it can be the same performance figures as our Q Luxe/SS models. My money is on a tad bit slower because I'm assuming this TLX will weigh nearly the same as our Q. I'm also not sure how much a good transmission will make up the performance difference given the Q (Luxe/SS) is shown to make 300WHP on some dynos which makes the Q (Luxe/SS) crank HP to be in the 340 range.

My guess, knowing Acura, they'll probably only give a LC to the Type S model. Gotta keep the Type S somewhat exclusive with some features.

I agree. Q50 and Alfa are probably some of the best designed cars under 70K. Can't go wrong with Italian design either. I think this Acura TLX makes the list of best designed cars under 70K too. Acura came a long way from their peak days. I hope the Type S performance don't disappoint because that's where the enthusiast attention will be focused on.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
No problem! I have been keeping my eye on the TLX Type S since I was car hunting. It was actually on my list of cars to buy (since I used to own an Acura TSX) but I couldn't wait any longer, which why I got a good deal on an Infiniti Q50.

Rumors on the forums and such suggest it'll be price within the 40K range for both regular and Type S. It will definitely undercut the Q50 and IS for sure, like it always has. I think the price for performance will be good.
Its confirmed. The regular TLX A-Spec and Non-A-spec will make 270HP and 280TQ, similar to the RDX motor.

You are right though. Depending on the tune, how the gear the 10spd and how good the 10spd is, it'll determine if it can be the same performance figures as our Q Luxe/SS models. My money is on a tad bit slower because I'm assuming this TLX will weigh nearly the same as our Q. I'm also not sure how much a good transmission will make up the performance difference given the Q (Luxe/SS) is shown to make 300WHP on some dynos which makes the Q (Luxe/SS) crank HP to be in the 340 range.

My guess, knowing Acura, they'll probably only give a LC to the Type S model. Gotta keep the Type S somewhat exclusive with some features.

I agree. Q50 and Alfa are probably some of the best designed cars under 70K. Can't go wrong with Italian design either. I think this Acura TLX makes the list of best designed cars under 70K too. Acura came a long way from their peak days. I hope the Type S performance don't disappoint because that's where the enthusiast attention will be focused on.
Aye, the Q50/60 are due for a refresh in a year or so as well so it will be interesting to see what changes they get, sport sedan market
is starting to look a bit more interesting for once.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Aye, the Q50/60 are due for a refresh in a year or so as well so it will be interesting to see what changes they get, sport sedan market
is starting to look a bit more interesting for once.
Yup!

As a fan of Infiniti after purchasing my car, I really hope Infiniti does well; especially with the situation Nissan is in.

I hope they release the brand new Q70 first with new tech and use the Q70 to jump start the brand before doing anything to the Q50. The Q70 is in need of a overhaul. The interior of the Q70 is still like the interior of the old G and M cars.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
3,487 Posts
Yup!

As a fan of Infiniti after purchasing my car, I really hope Infiniti does well; especially with the situation Nissan is in.

I hope they release the brand new Q70 first with new tech and use the Q70 to jump start the brand before doing anything to the Q50. The Q70 is in need of a overhaul. The interior of the Q70 is still like the interior of the old G and M cars.
The Q70 was axed a while ago, right? Are they bringing it back?

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,601 Posts

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Still on sale up North here no 2020MY however, so it will either get cut or a full redesign likely based on the Q insperation.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Type S is a single turbo rather than twins. Depending on what turbo they use.. with a tune that car could scoot

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
The center console design looks very strange. I'm sick of all the tablet screens sticking up from the dash designs.

They did a decent job trying to look like a RWD platform, but you can still see the difference. The door handle placement is very odd.

In my -probably biased- opinion, the Q50 is better looking and the interior is laid out better as well.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ahh! It was. I totally forgot. Thank you for bringing that up.

That's going to be interesting. I wonder what direction they are going to go with the Q50. Since our Q50s aren't the flagship car, I wonder which car they will use to spearhead the image for Infiniti or to introduce the new tech with. Maybe a SUV? or a new model? Hopefully they do it well.

The center console design looks very strange. I'm sick of all the tablet screens sticking up from the dash designs.

They did a decent job trying to look like a RWD platform, but you can still see the difference. The door handle placement is very odd.

In my -probably biased- opinion, the Q50 is better looking and the interior is laid out better as well.
I agree. I said something similar about the interior design. It looks a bit messy and they didn't use the space well enough. But I will admit its vastly improved over the last-gen TLX. While the TLX Type S and RDX both look similar on the inside, I think the RDX does it better.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
That's going to be interesting. I wonder what direction they are going to go with the Q50. Since our Q50s aren't the flagship car, I wonder which car they will use to spearhead the image for Infiniti or to introduce the new tech with. Maybe a SUV? or a new model? Hopefully they do it well.
We will know what direction Infiniti plans to take the Q50 when Nissan shows off the Z, they are co-developed platforms to offset production costs.
Most likely the redesign will be more of a heavy refresh, new 9-speed transmission, some weight savings from an update to the FM platform,
new interior/exterior tweaks etc.

As for the Q70 that remains to be seen, it could follow the path of the Q50 as it is on the FM platform, or more likely they will move it to the new
electric/hybrid platform and make it into a true flagship for the brand.

Reactions: ptatohed and Q602B

·
Registered
38 Posts
We will know what direction Infiniti plans to take the Q50 when Nissan shows off the Z, they are co-developed platforms to offset production costs.
Most likely the redesign will be more of a heavy refresh, new 9-speed transmission, some weight savings from an update to the FM platform,
new interior/exterior tweaks etc.

As for the Q70 that remains to be seen, it could follow the path of the Q50 as it is on the FM platform, or more likely they will move it to the new
electric/hybrid platform and make it into a true flagship for the brand.
That's a good point. Since the new Z is set to be released sometime in 2021 to 2022, this would be a good view for the next Q50. I hope the next transmission is a DCT! 🙏

Yeah. Infiniti stated they'll take the brand hybrid/electric. The next Q50 might be hybrid. I hope their new hybrid Q50 is better than the long axed hybrid Q50 we had in the States.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
That's a good point. Since the new Z is set to be released sometime in 2021 to 2022, this would be a good view for the next Q50. I hope the next transmission is a DCT! 🙏

Yeah. Infiniti stated they'll take the brand hybrid/electric. The next Q50 might be hybrid. I hope their new hybrid Q50 is better than the long axed hybrid Q50 we had in the States.
The hybrid/electric platform Infiniti is moving everything too is for FWD/AWD EVs & Hybrids it's not designed for RWD applications like the Q50/60,
because the 9-speed is likely the transmission of choice Nissan may pull a page out of Mercedes hand-book and go for a mild-hybrid 40V system.

But that is still very much up in the air, Nissan hasn't confirmed any updates for the FM platform as of yet.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The hybrid/electric platform Infiniti is moving everything too is for FWD/AWD EVs & Hybrids it's not designed for RWD applications like the Q50/60,
because the 9-speed is likely the transmission of choice Nissan may pull a page out of Mercedes hand-book and go for a mild-hybrid 40V system.

But that is still very much up in the air, Nissan hasn't confirmed any updates for the FM platform as of yet.
So its possible the next Infiniti Q50 might have a FWD based AWD system because of the hybrid system? :cry:

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
The car. I'm open to most wheel colors in the grayscale except for black.

I don't see a valve stem either. Photoshopped out?
Some wheel manufacturers are putting the valve stem locating them on the inside of the inner barrel.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
So its possible the next Infiniti Q50 might have a FWD based AWD system because of the hybrid system? :cry:
It's possible but very, very unlikely that the Q50 would move to that platform at this time, especially now that it's confirmed the Z is getting a refresh.

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
3,387 Posts
Some wheel manufacturers are putting the valve stem locating them on the inside of the inner barrel.
Aftermarket I can understand, but that seems a pretty bold design move for OEM.

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Registered
2018 Jaguar XE, had 2017 Red Sport 400, 17 Silver Sport, 14 Hybrid and 14 Base 3.7.
1,537 Posts
41 - 60 of 109 Posts