Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I saw Nissan might move the Altima over to Infiniti and they are calling it "Nissan Plus" or some crap. I just turned my Red Sport back in and plan on getting something else, I'll see what the New Lexus IS500 or Type S ends up being but I'm seriously disappointed in Infiniti's direction. They need to really do something drastic or I also believe they are done. Still nothing about the Black S after all that hype.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I saw Nissan might move the Altima over to Infiniti and they are calling it "Nissan Plus" or some crap. I just turned my Red Sport back in and plan on getting something else, I'll see what the New Lexus IS500 or Type S ends up being but I'm seriously disappointed in Infiniti's direction. They need to really do something drastic or I also believe they are done. Still nothing about the Black S after all that hype.
The whole idea of nissan and infinit sharing a plant is to cut costs, and share parts from nissan to infiniti to make it cheaper to produce vehicles. Infiniti is basically gonna turn into another “Buick”. Somewhat luxury car but ehh

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
I’ll bet you 10,000 monopoly dollars there will be no black S lol
Hell yeah...let's do it

Will I still owe you 10,000 Monopoly dollars?

Reactions: BigHeadClan

·
Registered
606 Posts
Type S is awfully tempting... maybe I’ll trade in my fiance’s 2017 TLX SH-AWD Advance for the 2022 Type S (2nd MY).

·
Registered
38 Posts
The whole idea of nissan and infinit sharing a plant is to cut costs, and share parts from nissan to infiniti to make it cheaper to produce vehicles. Infiniti is basically gonna turn into another “Buick”. Somewhat luxury car but ehh
You do realize that Infiniti doesn't really exist in Japan. This is why Infinitis are made in Nissan plants.

To reverse the question to you: so the idea of Acura making all of their vehicles in the United States isn't cut costs? Making the cars in the United States is more of a cut cost than making it in a Nissan factory in Japan. At least the Infiniti is still an "import".

To top it off - the Q cars are made in the same factory that makes the Nissan GT-R. I wouldn't call that "cut cost".

I'll fully admit that Acura is getting better than it previously was. But, realistically, Acura is more comparable to Buick than Infiniti is. At least - Infiniti is still a global brand versus Acura (which is only known in North America)

Yep you are the minority in that group, when spending 40k+ i expect technology to be amazing and flawless. We will see if infiniti updates the Q50, if they do i will applaud but with the way it’s looking right now infiniti hasn’t been making much $. Sales on the Qx50 are laughable. Not to mention the news that Nissan is reconstructing basically throws Infiniti under the bus. Infiniti just feels like a dying car brand to me, the G37 was the best product they have ever made. They could’ve ran with that and kept updating and investing in R&D but someone somehow dropped the ball.
Technology is not amazing and flawless at any price point. IE: Buying a 40K 3 Series brand new. The tech is not amazing and flawless in a 40K 3 Series because a 40K 3 Series is a base 3 Series with literally nothing on it. No tech to be "flawless" in.

To be honest - you aren't really providing a discussion of Infiniti vs Acura and how to improve the competition. You are here to bash Infiniti and praise Acura.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The 2021 Acura TLX Type S's 3.0-liter V-6 will make 355 horsepower and 354 lb-ft of torque.

If these numbers aren't underrated, I expected this from Acura. Acura tends to put the power slightly behind the competition but offers the car at a cheaper price than the competition.

I predict the TLX base model will be slower than our base Q50. But now it seems like, depending on how the transmission is geared, the TLX-S might be slower than the Q50 Red Sport too.

·
Registered
741 Posts
With a solid tune, this could still easily go mid 11s in the 1/4 with their AWD. I'll be checking the progress

·
Registered
38 Posts
With a solid tune, this could still easily go mid 11s in the 1/4 with their AWD. I'll be checking the progress
Possible for sure. But we have to see how good their 10 speed auto is with this new motor.

On top of that - we have to see if there is good aftermarket support for the TLX-S too. My prediction for the aftermarket scene for this vehicle will highly depend on the US Market. Acura, over the years, has been increasing becoming a North American only brand. Acura never existed in Japan/Asia or Europe. The old Acura TSX, old Acura Integra, and old/new Acura NSX are the only cars I can remember that actually is in the European/Asian market as a Honda.

The TL never existed in Asia or Europe. I think the TLX is the same thing. It does not exist in Asia or Europe as a rebadged Honda in any shape or form. With a smaller market, it will be difficult to have a strong aftermarket support for the TLX-S. The only way I can see aftermarket support being strong for the TLX-S is if they use Turbo 6 in a Honda product and that Honda product is globally sold.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I spoke to a source today who is on the sales calls, was invited to preview the QX55 etc. What was relayed a few days ago was:

Nissan Plus in the US will not work based on the genesis model. Basically people spend for luxury they want to be treated different.

The 21 QX80 released today
There will not be a 21 QX60 as its redesign is in 22'
the 2021 Q60 and Q50 will release in Sept as expected with minor changes
The 2022 Q50 will be fully redesigned
QX55 in Januaryish. (Think QX50 Sport)
The are making a QX40....idk WTH that spot will fill

I asked because the leases on my 2 infinitis are done in Feb.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Curious why they didn't use the 3.5L NA v6 and twin-turbo it...? That motor is awesome and putting a couple turbos on it would make it totally badazz.

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Registered
38 Posts
I spoke to a source today who is on the sales calls, was invited to preview the QX55 etc. What was relayed a few days ago was:

Nissan Plus in the US will not work based on the genesis model. Basically people spend for luxury they want to be treated different.

The 21 QX80 released today
There will not be a 21 QX60 as its redesign is in 22'
the 2021 Q60 and Q50 will release in Sept as expected with minor changes
The 2022 Q50 will be fully redesigned
QX55 in Januaryish. (Think QX50 Sport)
The are making a QX40....idk WTH that spot will fill

I asked because the leases on my 2 infinitis are done in Feb.
Interesting.

Any idea what the Q50 fully redesign will entail? Will it become hybrid?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Interesting.

Any idea what the Q50 fully redesign will entail? Will it become hybrid?
They did not have that info. I asked.

The q50 redesign in 2022 made me ask about the redesign of the Q60. Apparently that was "missing" from the presentation. Sales for the 2 door luxury coupe market are in the toilet. Maybe it goes away.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
3,487 Posts

The q50 redesign in 2022 made me ask about the redesign of the Q60. Apparently that was "missing" from the presentation. Sales for the 2 door luxury coupe market are in the toilet. Maybe it goes away.
I've always been a 4-door guy. Sport and luxury is my game. "Four door sports car" "FDSC".

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #95

They will miss an opportunity on the Nissan-Plus strategy without attaching a new Q60 with the upcoming Z.

But this is Nissan as of late....so, they are likely to miss this opportunity. However, the new INFINITI CEO did say in an interview last month that INFINITI will not have any cuts to its present-day lineup. So, we will see if reality forces their hand on the Q60.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
3,487 Posts
They will miss an opportunity on the Nissan-Plus strategy without attaching a new Q60 with the upcoming Z.

But this is Nissan as of late....so, they are likely to miss this opportunity. However, the new INFINITI CEO did say in an interview last month that INFINITI will not have any cuts to its present-day lineup. So, we will see if reality forces their hand on the Q60.
2B, what's it gonna take to get you out of a Volvo and into a 50/60? ;)

Reactions: Q602B

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
2B, what's it gonna take to get you out of a Volvo and into a 50/60? ;)
Prying the keys out of my lovely wife's hands!

TBH....I think she is ready for something more powerful (and similarly accommodating). She likes the loud pedal just as much as her hubby!

As for the 60 (and part of my namesake), I was sorely disappointed in the transmission and the way the engine/trans loses steam at about 5800-6000 rpms....just drops off a cliff. IDK, maybe I am just not use to forced induction....but there is no issue with drop-off in the wife's XC90...although it does taper off up top (but no dramatic drop off).

So here's to hope and that INFINITI puts a proper tranny in the (potential) Q60 for next-gen.

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Registered
38 Posts

In my fantasy world... I would love the Q50/Q60 to leave the Infiniti line up and go into Nissan's line up. It would be nice to see the Infiniti Q50/Q60 become the Nissan Skyline 400R Sedan/Coupe in the USA. Then make the R36 Nissan GT-R back into the Nissan Skyline GT-R and also offer it in Sedan/Coupe. Sell that alongside the new Z. Give all these cars the VR30/VR38 engines, Nismo options, improve on them, and give them manuals. Bring back the Silva cars as a cheaper option to compete with the Toyota/Subura twins.

While the Nissan-Plus strategy could focus on more luxury-based options that isn't a rebadged sports cars from Japan.

I think Nissan can definitely win the minds of enthusiast with this formula.

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
In my fantasy world... I would love the Q50/Q60 to leave the Infiniti line up and go into Nissan's line up. It would be nice to see the Infiniti Q50/Q60 become the Nissan Skyline 400R Sedan/Coupe in the USA. Then make the R36 Nissan GT-R back into the Nissan Skyline GT-R and also offer it in Sedan/Coupe. Sell that alongside the new Z. Give all these cars the VR30/VR38 engines, Nismo options, improve on them, and give them manuals. Bring back the Silva cars as a cheaper option to compete with the Toyota/Subura twins.

While the Nissan-Plus strategy could focus on more luxury-based options that isn't a rebadged sports cars from Japan.

I think Nissan can definitely win the minds of enthusiast with this formula.
See. I think very similarly to you...with one (or two) distinction. GTR should be brought under the INFINITI brand. That way, Nissan can nix the Q60. Maybe, there should be a complete GTR lineup that starts around the Q60's current top price and builds its way up to the 200k price that Nissan has laid the foundation for with the current gen.

Call it, in base form, the INFINITI Skyline GTR with the base 3.0TT and just build from there. Throw a bone back to Skyline's heritage and to the offspring it produced. Call the top model in the lineup the 'GTR PIMO' for Prince-INFINITI Motorsport....or IPL for INFINITI-Prince Legacy.

And the very top of the line should be called GTR PIMO (or IPL) RF1 to throw a little love to Renault Formula 1 team for the partnership in co-developing the HI-PO hybrid system in the the Q60 Black S (which is more than likely being developed for the next-gen GTR anyway).

Ok...I come back from fantasy land now, so please, don't call me crazy!!!

Reactions: DrJason

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Ok....you can call me crazy at least one time. Because I don't think this bad boy (or girl) was developed for nothing and I think it has mutual benefit to both Renault and Nissan somewhere down the line. So...dare I say....perhaps we can dream of a mid-engine GTR:eek:

The Renault RS.01:

81 - 100 of 109 Posts