Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed tonight that my adaptive headlights do not work when making a left turn. They work on right hand turns. I then watched closer and they also only move to the right during the startup check. Will be calling the dealership tomorrow, but curious if anyone else has had this problem?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I haven't, they both point inward upon startup and realign facing forward.

Have you tried kicking them:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I noticed tonight that my adaptive headlights do not work when making a left turn. They work on right hand turns. I then watched closer and they also only move to the right during the startup check. Will be calling the dealership tomorrow, but curious if anyone else has had this problem?
Turning right they work when at a stand still and turning left only works at 3mph and above. (in the manual @ 2-40)

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Not positive about the way the Q's work but usually the right turns many more degrees than the left. I forget the reasoning as well but I'll bet the manual has something about that. (Or the reverse L/R)

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Not positive about the way the Q's work but usually the right turns many more degrees than the left. I forget the reasoning as well but I'll bet the manual has something about that. (Or the reverse L/R)
As was already mentioned, its to prevent the blinding of oncoming traffic. In Europe and Japan, the system works reverse.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Turning right they work when at a stand still and turning left only works at 3mph and above. (in the manual @ 2-40)
OK, this makes sense and follows what I am seeing. I guess I should RTFM :)

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Learn something new everyday!

Did anyone notice that sometimes when the headlights come on that they have a vibrating/trembling motion? I notice the reflection of my headlights in the cars in front of me and sometimes you see the cutoff line trembling and other times I don't. Not sure if there's an issue with mine or not.

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Learn something new everyday!

Did anyone notice that sometimes when the headlights come on that they have a vibrating/trembling motion? I notice the reflection of my headlights in the cars in front of me and sometimes you see the cutoff line trembling and other times I don't. Not sure if there's an issue with mine or not.
That's likely the auto leveling you're seeing. The lights will 'bounce' a bit until they find their level and that includes extra cargo weight in the car and going up and down hills. They also turn and level when you first turn your car on. If you park against a wall you can see this pretty noticeably. All adaptive and self leveling headlights I've had do this in all makes I've had.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
But does it level out for a long period of time? I could drive for up to 15 minutes and it would still be "trembling" then the minute I turn them off and back on, it stops.

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
But does it level out for a long period of time? I could drive for up to 15 minutes and it would still be "trembling" then the minute I turn them off and back on, it stops.
Hmmmm, that doesn't sound right. Unless you are driving on a severely bumpy road. I would have that checked out for sure.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
thanks jkay. I'll probably do that later next week. I was without my car for a little over a week and I'd like to drive it for a while before taking it back in again. I missed it. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
thanks jkay. I'll probably do that later next week. I was without my car for a little over a week and I'd like to drive it for a while before taking it back in again. I missed it. :)
didnt you use to be on Acurazine??

Im BLACKURA_NY :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Is this a standard feature? i have a '15 Hybrid with Premium + Nav, haven't seen my lights move an inch. Though upon inspection they do look mechanical

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.