Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q50 Luxe
142 Posts
I had a Z1 catch can on my Q for a few weeks and took it off just before taking the car to the dealer. Surprisingly it had about 1/8 of a teaspoon of oil in it. But the dealer found I had a bad drivers side turbo so I wonder if that is why the catch can had some oil in after such a short time?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had a Z1 catch can on my Q for a few weeks and took it off just before taking the car to the dealer. Surprisingly it had about 1/8 of a teaspoon of oil in it. But the dealer found I had a bad drivers side turbo so I wonder if that is why the catch can had some oil in after such a short time?
No definitely not. The catch can is getting any blow by in the crank case and valve covers. Unrelated. An 1/8 a teaspoon in a few weeks isn't much fr.

Bad turbos are common. Supposedly the turbos they are replacing them with are "revised" and hopefully you will not have any more problems.

·
Registered
2022 Q50 Luxe AWD
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Just checking in, no oil on the catchcan dipstick yet. I need a new set of allens, the ones i have won't let me take the can off, and I can't unscrew it as installed...too much in the way. I'll need to square that away before it gets cold out.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts