Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow... What a difference! It's a completely different car now!!!

My Observations over the summer RFT:
- The grip is ridiculous
- Sidewalls seem pretty stiff and responsive in curves
- Road feel is better (even with DAS)
- Smoother Ride
- Quieter on various road types
- Hopefully longer lifespan

I now feel like I have a solid performance sports sedan.

Picked them up for $190 a tire and $100 rebate at discount tire! $799 OTD installed after rebate.

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts

- The grip is ridiculous
- Smoother Ride

Picked them up for $190 a tire and $100 rebate at discount tire! $799 OTD installed after rebate.
Are they all-seasons?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reactions: CarolinaQ50

·
Registered
89 Posts

- The grip is ridiculous
- Smoother Ride

Thanks for the information. Out of curiosity, how are you going to handle the 'no-spare' issue? Do you plan to just carry a portable pump? I'm wrangling with the option(s). This is my first exposure to RFTs.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the information. Out of curiosity, how are you going to handle the 'no-spare' issue? Do you plan to just carry a portable pump? I'm wrangling with the option(s). This is my first exposure to RFTs.
I have always had a portable pump in every car.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Can you get a spare tire put into the Hybrid?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Nice, something to consider...I have the spare tire package so I'm planning to change off to non-RFT's when these tires go.

Reactions: bbrowne

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have the S-04 Pole Positions as you all probably know by now and I am still singing their praise.

They have a ton of grip, but they really make the car much more enjoyable to drive. All the comments on the suspension and that it is harsh, I keep tell everyone that it's the tires. Those RTF's are super hard and that echos through the cabin. The S-04's absorb the hard bumps but you don't loose road feel. It really does change the feel of the car.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Wow, now I really wanna change my tires if it has that much of an effect.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have always had a portable pump in every car.
I also have a portal pump in every car but I've had flats that wouldn't hold air for any decent length of time so I've had the spare as a 'fall-back'. So, I'm really trying to figure out how to get back on the road without waiting hours for road side to tow the car. The good news is that I know that I probably won't take long road trips in the car due to its limited trunk capacity. So I don't have to worry too much about being stuck in the middle of west wherever.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I also have a portal pump in every car but I've had flats that wouldn't hold air for any decent length of time so I've had the spare as a 'fall-back'. So, I'm really trying to figure out how to get back on the road without waiting hours for road side to tow the car. The good news is that I know that I probably won't take long road trips in the car due to its limited trunk capacity. So I don't have to worry too much about being stuck in the middle of west wherever.
Your saved!!!! F-sport tire repair system
Lexus Tire Repair System/Mobility Kit - Club Lexus Forums

2010 GS460: Tire Repair System - The F-Sport Onboard Tire Repair System (OTRS) is designed to repair punctures of up to 1/4 inch diameter in the tread area of the tire. Features: Unique integrated tire sealant cartridge and compressor in one easy to

I will probably pick one up soon.

Reactions: druhoops

·
Registered
18 Posts
Don't we have Infiniti Roadside Assistance? I had it before and they are awesome. I travel a lot on the road and they have saved me more than once in a timely manner

·
Registered
199 Posts
I am definitely eyeing a set of these for my new Q50S. Thanks for the feedback. I figure I'll store the RFTs in my garage for lease return. I've got the spare tire so no worries about flats.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm sure it might be posted elsewhere, but do we have to have RFTs on the car at the return of the lease?

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
I'm sure it might be posted elsewhere, but do we have to have RFTs on the car at the return of the lease?
That's our understanding. I guess we'll see in a couple years when the first leases start expiring.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'll probably go with regular tires after my run flats are finished. Between roadside assistance form both Infiniti and my insurance carrier, plus a portable tire pump (to be purchased) and tire patch kit, I think that should be fine for most circumstances. I'll try to avoid driving through west Texas ;)

The F-Sport thing that was mentioned in this thread is interesting, I'll have to take at that as well: 2010 GS460: Tire Repair System - The F-Sport Onboard Tire Repair System (OTRS) is designed to repair punctures of up to 1/4 inch diameter in the tread area of the tire. Features: Unique integrated tire sealant cartridge and compressor in one easy to

$100? Sign me up for the convenience factor!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.