Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if I don't know how to search too well anymore or if no one gets this exhaust, I found myself a good deal on the aFe Power Takeda Cat Back for the 3.0T but i don't see videos out there of how the exhaust will sound, I love loud sounding exhausts myself but I noticed its no mufflers and was wondering if it will lower torque a bit because not as much back pressure, if anyone has videos link me please, thank you

·
Registered
417 Posts
I don't know if I don't know how to search too well anymore or if no one gets this exhaust, I found myself a good deal on the aFe Power Takeda Cat Back for the 3.0T but i don't see videos out there of how the exhaust will sound, I love loud sounding exhausts myself but I noticed its no mufflers and was wondering if it will lower torque a bit because not as much back pressure, if anyone has videos link me please, thank you
It is a 2.5'' system, y-pipe, 2 small bottle resonators and no mufflers.

Do you have stock upper/lower downpipes?

If so, I think it'll sound great.

If you have lower downpipe, I think it'll sound good under WoT, and have rasp at partial.

If you have full downpipe, I think it'll sound amazing under WoT, and have terrible rasp at partial and crazy drone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a 2.5'' system, y-pipe, 2 small bottle resonators and no mufflers.

Do you have stock upper/lower downpipes?

If so, I think it'll sound great.

If you have lower downpipe, I think it'll sound good under WoT, and have rasp at partial.

If you have full downpipe, I think it'll sound amazing under WoT, and have terrible rasp at partial and crazy drone.
I'm planning on cheapening out on lower downpipes and getting Megan Racing LDPs with a cat back system

·
Registered
417 Posts
I'm planning on cheapening out on lower downpipes and getting Megan Racing LDPs with a cat back system
Nothing wrong with those downpipes.

It's a gamble of what that will sound like. If I was a betting man, I think it'll sound amazing under WoT. But you'll get some rasp and drone under partial.

Can I ask how good of a deal you are getting? With that budget in mind, I can offer alternatives.

·
Registered
490 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
I've heard the aFe catback on a Facebook video, and that and the Fast Intentions catbacks are the only 2 I would ever consider. I'll add a link from my cell but unsure if you'll be able to view it since it's in a Facebook group that requires acceptance

https://m.facebook.com/groups/555727154545272?view=permalink&id=2126909310760374

https://m.facebook.com/groups/555727154545272?view=permalink&id=2364581213659848
That is on a Q60, apples to oranges. Length of piping is shorter on the 60's which change the exhaust note.

50 with stock dp's, sounds good though.

I think I'm the only one with z1 3'' full downpipes, Fast Intentions catback with 10 '' short mufflers un-resonated. It's a really aggressive exhaust with no rasp. But also cost a grip and takes 9 years to get FI to build one for you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have this exhaust on my Q50 Red Sport and love it. I have stock downpipes and I think the sound is great as is. Loud when getting on it, but quiet when cruising. If I were to add a downpipe, I would probably go with the HKS resonated because I would be afraid of rasp or drone.

If you look at their Instagram, there is a video of the exhaust on stock DP for a Q60. That is the video that sold me on this exhaust.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts