Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

After the tint and sub install

15K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  rohangill 
#1 ·
Wash, clay bar, and wax!

Sorry it took so long to post, and I've missed being here on the forum.

My wife was hospitalized (for10 days) a week after I got home from Afghanistan and picked up the new ride. She is thankfully now recovering. So obviously the Q was on the back burner.

I put some time into her today though. The JL sub gives the Bose system just that little extra thump. I added a base knob to turn it down when the wifey gets in.... it "hurts her head".

Looking forward to catching up with what's been going on.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Yeah. The hardest part was getting the amp mounted flush and clean. I tried to get it as contoured with the trunk lines as possible. The sub is a pre-fab from JL. It's their high output bandpass sub, 10W3. It actually ports along the front of the woofer. Pretty cool concept and It fits perfect. And like I said, I can take it out add required. I'm thinking about making a panel to cover the sub all up tho. Maybe with an Infiniti logo, maybe back-lit with leds.

#7 ·
I think you did a very good job. How did you manage to get the sound from the Q50 Bose system to your JL amp? Can you go a little details on that? I might consider doing it in the future.

Yeah. The hardest part was getting the amp mounted flush and clean. I tried to get it as contoured with the trunk lines as possible. The sub is a pre-fab from JL. It's their high output bandpass sub, 10W3. It actually ports along the front of the woofer. Pretty cool concept and It fits perfect. And like I said, I can take it out add required. I'm thinking about making a panel to cover the sub all up tho. Maybe with an Infiniti logo, maybe back-lit with leds.

#6 ·
Hmmmm....u must have made her tired during that week u came home then! :p

On a serious note hope she is all well and nice update on the Q50 man! Looking forward to more of your mods! :D

Reactions: NTOwens
#8 ·
Nice. You now have the trunk of a Hybrid.

Glad the wife is OK. And you're enjoying the new ride.

Reactions: NTOwens
#11 ·
Nice setup. I'm sure it sounds great. You have about as much trunk space as the hybrid now. :)

#12 ·
Nice set up NTOwens, I feel the sound system in the Q was a little lacking. It's a very nice system by Bose but I like it loud! How difficult was the install and could you please post any basic pointers about the install?

#13 ·
Well wishes to your wife and welcome back stateside.

Great job with the tint. I have been thinking I need something similar. Thanks for the pic.

Great job!

#16 ·
Back to the car for a minute... is your ride lowered at all... or is that bad boy running stock height?

Looks very SWEET!!

Hope your wife is doing well, bro!

#17 ·
That is so awesome! I would keep the subwoofer to the right if I did that because if your car has the folding rear seats, you probably won't be able to gold them. Otherwise, it's really nice!

#19 ·
I am new to this forum...have a few questions.
I am trying to install after market sub & amp into my new 2015 infinity Q50. I do have the bose system.
I have read that i need to run it off of or replace the stock amp. I am not locating the amp anywhere in the trunk of trunk hood. Any advice would help alot. Thank you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.