Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

I am the new owner of a 2016 Q50 3.0t on Black Obsidian. Unfortunately, this vehicle has been in a fender bender, as result both bumper covers are cracked, and the grill is broken.
I wondering what type of parts should I use for repair, stock CAPA vs EAU ROUGE kit from e-bay.
Any constructive suggestions will be welcome!
Thanks much!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
What is CAPA? This is not a question for us to answer. You either want OEM bumper covers/grill or you want a body kit. If you want a body kit, then yes, now's the time to do it. There are a few body kit replacement front bumper covers. Duraflex makes one and the EAU Rouge you mentioned. I don't know of any body kit rear bumper cover complete replacements other than the ER. Most rear body kits are add-on pieces.

Personally, I love the OEM Sport front end. I have Duraflex sides and rear and Duraflex makes a front bumper cover replacement but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I did not want to give up that gorgeous OEM front!

Do keep in mind that most of these parts are fiberglass which is a big big pain to work with. When I was going around to different shops with my FG pieces, after hearing all the grumblings and complaints about FG, I was either quoted astro prices and/or turned down completely and/or told that it isn't going to come out perfect.

Good luck.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hi All,

I am the new owner of a 2016 Q50 3.0t on Black Obsidian. Unfortunately, this vehicle has been in a fender bender, as result both bumper covers are cracked, and the grill is broken.
I wondering what type of parts should I use for repair, stock CAPA vs EAU ROUGE kit from e-bay.
Any constructive suggestions will be welcome!
Thanks much!
This would be a great opportunity to purchase a 2018 + sport bumper if you like that style.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks much for your reply. I was confused regarding practical options to replace both bumper covers, while keeping the expense in check. After a couple of unsuccessful attempts to source a direct match Aftermarket front bumper cover from AutoFit, I have ordered an OEM cover for premium package 62022-4HC0H at a local performance shop in Phoenix. CAPA certification refers to higher quality Aftermarket part. Meanwhile, I have figured out the lower grill is not matching a Sport type cover, so I have to drop the idea of sport look for now, and also keep the driver assist controller protected. Anyway, I am still chasing after numerous parts: the main grill (on order on ebay), both signal lights, R fog light, L tail light, 4 rear parking sensors, along the missing SD navigation memory card.
So I am in the process of "abusing" my Amex card with more transactions till my new vehicle will be ready to be back on the road.
Cheers!

CAPA The nation's Independent Testing and Certifying Authority for automotive replacement parts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts