Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon everyone, I was wondering if anyone has explored or knows of any good aftermarket brake rotor options. I tried searching here and didn't find any results. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
I am running racing brake slotted rotors fit for the Akebono calipers the sport Q50 has! Might be on sale by next week! Let me know if interested!

Also just check my build thread for pics! Might be a little bit of digging through the thread though! :eek:

Dang! Just saw that u have a premium Q50! Not sure if it fits but u can try to ask to confirm!

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
How come you're selling them gbert?

Reactions: gbert15

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am running racing brake slotted rotors fit for the Akebono calipers the sport Q50 has! Might be on sale by next week! Let me know if interested!

Also just check my build thread for pics! Might be a little bit of digging through the thread though! :eek:

Dang! Just saw that u have a premium Q50! Not sure if it fits but u can try to ask to confirm!
I thought I remembered you having aftermarket rotors on your car, wasn't sure though. I need to find out if fitment of the sport rotors is the same as the non sports. I would imagine the rotors are larger though. Also looking into swapping the calipers as the stock non sports aren't cutting it.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
How come you're selling them gbert?
Its more for looks! Racing brake definitrly has the better performance and is so light compared to stocks but I am making my build for looks mostly and not performance! :D

I thought I remembered you having aftermarket rotors on your car, wasn't sure though. I need to find out if fitment of the sport rotors is the same as the non sports. I would imagine the rotors are larger though. Also looking into swapping the calipers as the stock non sports aren't cutting it.
Yea just upgrade man! It'll make you love the look of your Q50 more! Try the G37 forums and get some powdercoated already! Maybe a dark yellow like the colors of the oem brembos that came with the 03-05 G35s with a black akebono sticker would look sweet! :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's what I was looking to do. The look is improved 100% by some nice looking calipers, at first I was going to wait until wheels and suspension were done but with the way I drive I definitely need them for performance reasons as well.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
qbert, anything from a G37 brake wise will just bolt to the Q50 right?
Which ones? The calipers or the rotors! Rotors were a direct swap but cant say fornsure about the calipers since I havent tried but they say it should be the same! Hit up Platinumv37!

Btw its Gbert! :D

I'm sure Stillen/AP Racing will release these for the Q50 soon. If you decide to do a full BBK upgrade, look no further :)

AP Racing's all new Radi-Cal BBK 6/4 Piston Calipers 370MM/360MM front & rear Rotors

Optional J-Hook's

Pressure Forged 6 Piston Calipers :)

Dang Diego! Stop teasing us ok? We are not as baller as u! Hahaha! :p

Cant wait to see that on your G man! :D

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
upgrading your lines and pads are usually more than enough performance for the track

the stock calipers seem suitable for the power and weight of the car.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
upgrading your lines and pads are usually more than enough performance for the track

the stock calipers seem suitable for the power and weight of the car.
The stocks just don't seem all that adequate, although I do agree that most of the time stainless lines and some good pads usually do the trick. I'm gonna start there and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
I own a premium but an looking to upgrade my brakes to the Akebonos. Can the rotors/Akebonos be installed on a Premium? Or are there modifications that need to occur (brake line, etc.)? Or are there other external factors that make it impossible. My wheels have been upgraded to 19" wheels, so that (hopefully) shouldn't be a roadblock. I just don't know enough about brakes to take the plunge without some research.

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
I own a premium but an looking to upgrade my brakes to the Akebonos. Can the rotors/Akebonos be installed on a Premium? Or are there modifications that need to occur (brake line, etc.)? Or are there other external factors that make it impossible. My wheels have been upgraded to 19" wheels, so that (hopefully) shouldn't be a roadblock. I just don't know enough about brakes to take the plunge without some research.
You will need to trim the dust shields or change them to the sport. The rotors will bolt on once the dust shields are changed or trimmed. The Calipers bolt right on. I believe you want the sport brake lines as well, but am not 100% sure on that one. Usually people upgrade the SS lines when doing this swap and they buy the sport brake lines.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.