Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Subaru WRX MT in WRB
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

In the market for a slightly used red 400 awd, and I wanted to pick your brains about the aftermarket capabilities. How much power can the stock block reliably run? How much power can the transmission reliably run? How much investment would I want to get to 500 or 600 whp without cutting corners? Last but not least, what are the general weak links of this platform and what should I look out for when purchasing?

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,333 Posts

Reactions: jodedor and Tg12017

·
Registered
2018 Q50s
99 Posts
Reactions: Wheels43

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
This is a forum for owners only. Not people without cars.
When said vehicle is purchased, we will comment.
Where is the world did you come up with that? This isn’t Facebook, cut the guy some slack.
Avedis53’s post to the OP was showing him the forum rules about doing some reading on the forum before asking broad questions and adding his info to his signature.

There is nothing in the forum rules that say you have to be a Q owner. Sheshhhh lighten up Francis(s)

Reactions: Call4God

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,333 Posts
This is a forum for owners only. Not people without cars.
When said vehicle is purchased, we will comment.
This forum is for people who like/want/own Q50's.

Granted, I wish new members would follow the guidelines but they aren't the law...they're just guidelines. You can choose whether you want to answer questions or not if you feel they haven't exercised due diligence researching this forum before asking them.

No need for dismissive comments like those.

Reactions: Call4God

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
4,275 Posts
I have a lightly used Red Sport 400 I would be willing to part with. Remember, used car prices are at a premium now.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a lightly used Red Sport 400 I would be willing to part with. Remember, used car prices are at a premium now.
If it’s the 18 in blue in your signature, I’m calling dibs right now!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Its all positive as long as it helps clear doubts and motivate others on their builds

·
Registered
29 Posts
LaKuan, while I understand aggravation over scammers, I don’t understand your upset over people who haven’t purchased yet for one reason or another. After all, aren’t forums like these for enthusiasts as much as for owners? And since you’ve decided to subtly rip on my forum handle, allow me if you would, to explain the meaning. Of course, feel free to stop reading if your only intent is to troll and therefore destroy what should be an enjoyable community.

first off, since I was a kid I’ve always dreamed of owning a 1997 Nissan Skyline 400R.

The Q50 Red Sport 400 is sold in Japan as the Nissan Skyline 400R, and as of 2019 even bears the Nissan badge. More so, the AWD in these cars functions exactly like the ATTESA AWD system found in the 1997 version.

now, since 2003, since Nissan relaunched the fair lady Z, and dropped the GT-R trim of the skyline, the Skyline has been based on the Z. And in case you don’t know, the new Z car slotted for production next year, is suppose to have the VR30 engine found in the Q50.

therefore my handle of SkylineDreamz works on 3 interconnected levels.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Lol chill bro, like i said as long as it motivates others its all good. Please post pictures of your VR30 when u buy it.
I certainly will! Hopefully it’ll be by the end of summer, but I’m in the middle of a move and I want to pay cash, which is why I haven’t bought one yet.

Reactions: LaKuan

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,807 Posts
Make me an offer

·
Registered
183 Posts
Okay gatekeeper lol. Me not owning a car is a bit of a reach, don't you think? Damn, you're an elitist.
He’s only been here two months...
That seems to be the way this forum has fallen lately.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Its all positive as long as it helps clear doubts and motivate others on their builds
That's has absolutely nothing to do with what you originally posted. If you think what you said is positive, you need to learn how to communicate. Your mental dissonance is showing. At least admit you're being a tool lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So, sorry about that guys. I should've read the rules before I came on here. I'll read through some threads and figure all this out on my own. I appreciate that at least most of yall were pretty cool. Have a good one.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,333 Posts
That's has absolutely nothing to do with what you originally posted. If you think what you said is positive, you need to learn how to communicate. Your mental dissonance is showing. At least admit you're being a tool lol
He's just a new member getting a little carried away. Pay him no heed.

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
4,275 Posts
1 - 20 of 58 Posts