Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ...

This is going back about a year I know someone posted a site that had two faced tape spoilers ... I have my doubts but I don’t wannna give the stealership 400$ for the same thing and drill two holes in my trunk lid. Any recommendations ?

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,087 Posts
Spoiler Express is where I bought my rear deck spoiler. It is attached with 3M tape. I've had it on for almost two years now and it doesn't budge. The color matching of the spoiler was spot on for Graphite Shadow (KAD). I'm pleased with it. The rear deck really needs some sort of spoiler (not the WRX STI type) to finish the look.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m with you on that. Otherwise it kinda looks like a plain Jane sedan. I want to do that and some tint and she’ll be golden ! Mine is KH3 I believe. I gotta see yours and post some pics of mine. 2015 and she’s only got 20k miles

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
I agree the OEM spoiler looks very nice. It rounds out the sport factor our Sport Sedan has. I chose to not get one after my initial desire to sport one.

I'm trying to keep a bit of a toned down look.
But absolutely agree they look just right on our cars. Especially on the SS and RS.

·
Premium Member
2,408 Posts
I didn't want one because I've seen too many cars with factory spoilers and rust streaks running down the trunk from the mounting holes after a number of years in the salt.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
If I was to get one it would be like Avedis53's. Double sided tape mounting. No point drilling holes for just the reason you pointed out.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't want one because I've seen too many cars with factory spoilers and rust streaks running down the trunk from the mounting holes after a number of years in the salt.

I actually never thought of this ... wow. But this aftermarket one is 3mtape. Then just potentially it would fall off lol

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I was to get one it would be like Avedis53's. Double sided tape mounting. No point drilling holes for just the reason you pointed out.

I just might. I’ve gotta dig through my phone and find some pics of other q50s that have even had more accentuated “duckbill” spoilers also. Btw on your profile I see you have a RS without DAS. I have a 2015 “S” with the DAS. I hate it. I wish I had educated myself more before getting into that.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,087 Posts
I actually never thought of this ... wow. But this aftermarket one is 3mtape. Then just potentially it would fall off lol
Mine's been on the car for over 1 1/2 years and it would take a crowbar to pry it off. The 3M tape holds really well if you properly prepare the surface it's to be bonded to.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Mine's been on the car for over 1 1/2 years and it would take a crowbar to pry it off. The 3M tape holds really well if you properly prepare the surface it's to be bonded to.
Same here.

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
1,692 Posts
I'm confused. The thread title is talking about a lip spoiler - which would be a front, lower, "chin" spoiler. But all the posts are talking about a rear decklid spoiler.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,087 Posts
I'm confused. The thread title is talking about a lip spoiler - which would be a front, lower, "chin" spoiler. But all the posts are talking about a rear decklid spoiler.
Welcome to thread derailment! Did you know that worldwide, 1 in 200 men are a direct descendant of Genghis Khan?

·
Registered
1,692 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
If you read OP's post, it isn't the front splitter your talking about. Cause he says "I have my doubts but I don’t wannna give the stealership 400$ for the same thing and drill two holes in my trunk lid"

Last I knew, you can't mount a front lower chin spoiler on a trunk lid but this is the one I installed. From eBay, The Spoiler Store. I believe this is called the "Rogue Style, I've also seen Eau Rouge Style"

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
If you read OP's post, it isn't the front splitter your talking about. Cause he says "I have my doubts but I don’t wannna give the stealership 400$ for the same thing and drill two holes in my trunk lid"

Last I knew, you can't mount a front lower chin spoiler on a trunk lid but this is the one I installed. From eBay, The Spoiler Store. I believe this is called the "Rogue Style, I've also seen Eau Rouge Style"
I got that but why the thread title? To me a lip spoiler goes on the front.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,087 Posts
Ok, it should read rear lip spoiler...or rear deck spoiler. A rose by any other name smells just as sweet.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My apologies guys! I mislabeled the title. But you all figured it out. Thanks for all the replies. I am going to order one. I just saw someone mention eBay, but also on this forum people swear by spoilerexpress.com? They come painted, hopefully a close match. Any tips on how to prep? Obviously clean the area of install, maybe wipe down with alcohol /water solution?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts